German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Yes, but I didn't let him fly. His feet couldn't reach the rudder pedals.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I have had two dogs flown in from breeders and it was a hassle but they were fine.

I have traveled by plane with my Lab, but due to her job, she gets to ride in the cabin with me. It too is a hassle. But every airline has been great.

Do your research and don't travel in the high summer or winter.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
If I do travel by plane it will be middle of August to tuscon Arizona from Ohio lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I'm not an expert, over the years I've only had a few dogs flown so take this for what it's worth!!!

Unless your dog is a service dog, he'd probably have to ride in a special cargo area of the plane.

:sun: :brrrwinter: It's been about 3-1/2 years since I had Faith flown in from PA (it was April) ... even then it was a hassle because the temperature couldn't be too cold or too hot ... it has to be just right at both the departure and landing sites!!! I've read that in the summer some airlines don't even take dogs.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm not an expert, over the years I've only had a few dogs flown so take this for what it's worth!!!

Unless your dog is a service dog, he'd probably have to ride in a special cargo area of the plane.

:sun: :brrrwinter: It's been about 3-1/2 years since I had Faith flown in from PA (it was April) ... even then it was a hassle because the temperature couldn't be too cold or too hot ... it has to be just right at both the departure and landing sites!!! I've read that in the summer some airlines don't even take dogs.
If you can shell out the bucks, there are pet friendly airlines that will allow you to take the dog on board with you for the entire flight. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've flown with Corey, but since she's a guide dog, she gets to ride in the cabin. She didn't mind it at all. I was the one sacrificing leg room. :p

Non-service dogs, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing they have to ride in cargo if they're large. I've seen some people with their small dogs on the plane, but they've all fit in a bag or small travel crate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts