German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you arrive to your final destination what do you do with your dogs that have all this energy from being cooped up in the car for 11 hours?. Last time we drove from Minnesota to Michigan and had some stops for potty breaks. By the time we arrived to MI it was pretty late and Josie was all worked up ( understandable). So i take her out back and let her run for at least an hour but she is still going even though i bring her inside the house! i had to put her in the crate just so i can go to bed lol. Of course the next morning we are out and she gets to burn off all that access energy that she wasn't able to burn off from being cooped up in the car for so many hours. That next day she met her match, my husband's aunt's young Lab! that Lab wore her right out! :)

So i am curious what do you guys do with your shepherds when you have to travel far?.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I ask the desk clerk at the hotel for the location of a park nearby or someplace with a field that they think it would be okay for the dogs to run around.

Sometimes, while I'm still on the road, I can find some kind of field near an exit. I have also been lucky on my trip to Texas last year to find some nice parks during my traveling.

Yeah, 11 hours in a car is a lot for the dogs, so I try to find some good stops for them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have a Biker dog leash on my bike and a bike rack for my Jeep. We can take a nice jog anywhere... rest stop, street, park.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts