German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone: My sister in law is adopting a gsd that was given up by her family because they were moving to Florida. She is being kenneled in NJ until she can be moved to Charleston. Is there anyone that will be traveling over the next month down I95 - between NJ, PA, MD to SC or anywhere in between? She is safe in the meantime, just trying to coordinate how to get her to her new home.

Cheryl

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could meet up with you in MD - and have someone meet in NC. Where in NC and what day would you arrive and need her picked up? Where in MD and what day and time. Let me know if you think you could help.

Cheryl

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am in NJ and happy to take a dog to MD...or you know, where ever. I am a SAHM so I have a TON of flexibility. I drove to TN and back in one day to transport a dog because it was easier than trying to figure all the transport legs out... So more than willing to drive the dog to MD or even to drive it to NC if necessary- I mean...how long could that take? :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dogsnkiddos: I am sure they could meet you somewhere. I live west of Philadelphia so that ride down I95 is aout 13 hours to SC - but I think to border of VA and NC is about 7 or 8.

Do you have an email that I could give to my sister in law? Maybe she could contact you? The kennel is willing to keep her as long as needed, however it would be nice to get her to her new home by Christmas. I am told she is very sweet, but a little shy. Cheryl

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think the trip from here to TN took me 14 hours one way- the people drove the dog from Arkansas to meet me...it was a long ride since we only stopped long enough to load the dog and drive straight back!
I will pm you my email address...as I said I am really flexible- especially during the week when the kids are in school.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks like GSDBestK9 is going to NC next week. That won't work for me as I am still in school teaching. 12/21 would be OK, but since my daughter is having her wisdom teeth out on 12/20,I think unfortunately sometime after the 25th would be best. Let's keep in touch and give the forum a couple of more days. Please know that I appreciate all of the help. Thank you.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If this is still up in the air after Christmas, I can pitch in some drive time ... weekends are booked til the 26th tho. I can do somewhere around VA/NC to SC (I'm in the Raleigh area but dont mind driving to/from other areas).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like we are going to have to wait until after Christmas no matter what. BLUEPAWS - Iam glad to have you offer to help. If someone could get her down to you then I could get from Charleston, SC to NC - preferably somewhere close to the border. Let me know - please keep in touch, y'all. You all are AWESOME!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can drive her down the week between Christmas and New Years to MD/VA area. I have a few days off from work that week, so if someone can pick her up off of I95 and take her the next leg of the journey that would be great. Found out today her name is Cinnamin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts