German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a co-worker's GSDs have had a litter of pups and my husband and I are adopting one of the males. They are starting them on Purina Puppy Chow. I want to use either the Wellness Super5 or Blue Wilderness, depends on what my local mom+pop specialty store has. Should I bother transitioning him from the Puppy Chow over the first week? I really would rather not buy any Purina, but will if you guys think it's a good idea.

Is the large breed puppy food in Super5 and Wilderness better for a GSD than the regular puppy formula?

We're also getting him a bit early, at 7 weeks, since the owners don't have money to take him to the vet. So, any other advice you have would be welcome. :)

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Yes, I suggest you transition your pup over 3 weeks to his new food to avoid any digestive upset. I don't have any experience with the brands you are switching to but I would go with the large breed puppy food because it is especially formulated for the growth needs of a big puppy. I would take the puppy to the vet right away as the puppy will need shots and will probably need to be wormed also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts