German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i googled more on training, plus i read all of your tips & we were definitely being more aggressive towards her than we should've. i know it's only been like 3 days since i posted, but my husband had the last 2 days off of work & he worked with her the whole time.

he got her to stay when the cats ran by, just by saying "beamer stay" repeatedly. also, he was able to let go of the leash, & walk away from her (or have me walk into the other room) without her running after me. she has always known sit & come, btw. & we managed to get her to understand down, also.

we haven't given her as much exercise as we'd like, it's been really cold & with a baby we can't give her walks unless it's at least a little warm. but we took her for a walk yesterday, & she has a 30ft chain right outside our door that she "chases" the cats on, outside i really don't care about the cats. but it seems like she knows not to go after them inside right now. we took her for a lot of walks when it was warmer out, & will continue to do so.

my biggest problem we found was that she won't listen to ME if my husband is home. not that i care, since he's working with her while i'm doing other things, but if he leaves the room or is busy with something else she ignores me, but obeys him completely. we do just give little tugs on the collar if she disobeys but it seems to be working.

thanks everyone. =)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. =) also i forgot to add when she is outside on her chain, there is a old like 15ft leash she broke stuck in the ice, & she yanks it around to try & get it out, so it wears her out pretty well.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
way to go! keep up the great work, its really paying off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts