German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Great pics! How was it? I had wanted to go but had my mom's birthday and retirement thing on the Sunday.

I struggle with the shades too. I ALWAYS have them on outside, I am real sensitive to bright lights. The BH patter I discovered is not that long, so I will live without them on. Once I ditched them I started getting eye contact and the forging stopped.

I toyed with the idea of those shades that have eyeballs on the outside (from the files of ways to make your dog paranoid)

·
Registered
942 Posts
I also love the pictures! Also it’s nice seeing another guy wearing the cargos ...they are so useful during dog training lol

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pics! How was it? I had wanted to go but had my mom's birthday and retirement thing on the Sunday.

I struggle with the shades too. I ALWAYS have them on outside, I am real sensitive to bright lights. The BH patter I discovered is not that long, so I will live without them on. Once I ditched them I started getting eye contact and the forging stopped.

I toyed with the idea of those shades that have eyeballs on the outside (from the files of ways to make your dog paranoid)
Amanda Homan is an amazing trainer. She explained things extremely well, and is a great person. Definitely worth it. Just in listening, you could hear her experience.
I'd definitely go again.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Cargos are where it's at. I need pockets. And these shorts are quick drying too.
Ha, that's not crying out for wisecracks. I'd keep the sunglasses. You guys aren't going to be happy if your dogs decide they need to look you in the eye for a reward or if you need to use it for control through the heeling pattern. Looking down directly here and there even through sunglasses is generally enough. Looking where you're going and moving with confidence, I think is more important.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Great pics!

Amanda is awesome!! I have a 12 week old pup from Warkonhaus, my first working line. I can't say enough nice things about Amanda and my whole experience with her.

She does have a really good way of explaining things, she's impressive to watch. We loved watching her interact with her dogs when we met her. My husband and I have talked about driving back to PA for training when our boy is older to work with her.

Again, great pics, looked like a great weekend for all.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Awesome pictures! I'm glad to hear you had a good time.

Great pics! Amanda is awesome!! I have a 12 week old pup from Warkonhaus, my first working line. I can't say enough nice things about Amanda and my whole experience with her.
Ohhhhh, is your puppy from the Kona/Ox litter or the Kapona/Neo litter? I'm going to need pictures...lol. I have a puppy (no longer a puppy) from her B litter. Pic in Avatar. I loooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeee him. :wub:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
IllinoisNative - Yes, another Warkonhaus dog! What a hunk your boy is!!!

He's from the Kona/Ox litter. I am SO happy with him. He's such a little smartie. I wake up super early just to start my day with him, he's so much fun. He's eager, very curious and loves life. We LOVE him.

I will be forever grateful to Jax08 for helping me behind the scenes!

·
Registered
940 Posts
IllinoisNative - Yes, another Warkonhaus dog! What a hunk your boy is!!!

He's from the Kona/Ox litter. I am SO happy with him. He's such a little smartie. I wake up super early just to start my day with him, he's so much fun. He's eager, very curious and loves life. We LOVE him.

I will be forever grateful to Jax08 for helping me behind the scenes!
Absolutely beautiful! The heads on the puppies of that litter were very nice! I love how all her dogs look the same. I see the pictures she posts and they all look like my dog. LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
IllinoisNative, You have a beautiful dog. I am new here and I was trying to PM you, but seems I do not have enough posts to do that. It seems I can receive PM, but can not reply. My family dog passed away recently and we miss him very much. I am looking for one looks like him. He is a bi-color and looks very much like yours. I am interested in Kapona's coming litter in fall/winter and would like to talk to you if you don't mind. I would appreciate if you can send me your contact information to my personal email ([email protected]) or let me know what is the best way to contact you. Thank you in advance for your help.

Jax08, I think you know Amanda and her dogs well and would appreciate if you can give me some of your advice. Unfortunately I can only communicate via personal email, until I have enough posts.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts