German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i took this little guy home two weeks ago today. he's now 10 weeks old and i think he's catching on quickly. i can't wait to take him to OB class and do more things with him. :nerd:

he's stuck inside our home most of the time since he technically can't go outside, but he does get a lot of socialization when i take him into work a couple times a week.

he's still really young but i can already see that he's got a cute personality and is so curious about everything.

here's a short clip for you all. feel free to send me some of your puppy training videos as i would love to watch them!

·
Registered
158 Posts
adorable, what a good pup. I see him slipping a bit on the slippery floor....I remember when I brought Wiena home, I
put down strips of rubber matting through the house and encouraged her to use them to travel through the home. The
mat came in a roll, so it was easy to roll out the strip.
keep up the good work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adorable, what a good pup. I see him slipping a bit on the slippery floor....I remember when I brought Wiena home, I
put down strips of rubber matting through the house and encouraged her to use them to travel through the home. The
mat came in a roll, so it was easy to roll out the strip.
keep up the good work.
yeah whenever we clean the floors he slides a lot. :grin2: where'd you get the mats? i'm looking on amazon and they are fairly expensive. im guessing that i might be able to find them at home depot for cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Home Depot has some inexpensive rugs, I bought a couple for the garage because the dogs were slipping on the wet vinyl floor when they came in from the dog run on rainy days. I think I paid around $20 each for them.

Another option that I've heard of is using yoga mats. They come on a roll in a variety of colors that you can cut to fit. A 24" x 68" roll is about $9, which would be an option for hallways. https://www.yogaaccessories.com/yoga-accessories-1-8-inch-classic-yoga-mat.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw7frPBRBVEiwAuDf_LbJj23sYxtMtqYiw6aoXPYzECkWZvH1DEN_b0Uxzs3hubxXcnpkLwxoC5scQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Home Depot has some inexpensive rugs, I bought a couple for the garage because the dogs were slipping on the wet vinyl floor when they came in from the dog run on rainy days. I think I paid around $20 each for them.

Another option that I've heard of is using yoga mats. They come on a roll in a variety of colors that you can cut to fit. A 24" x 68" roll is about $9, which would be an option for hallways. https://www.yogaaccessories.com/yoga-accessories-1-8-inch-classic-yoga-mat.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw7frPBRBVEiwAuDf_LbJj23sYxtMtqYiw6aoXPYzECkWZvH1DEN_b0Uxzs3hubxXcnpkLwxoC5scQAvD_BwE
yoga mats!! brilliant, i'll pick up a few right now. thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts