German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy is just hitting 6 months. He barks whenever he see's something outside on the other side of the fence. A dog walking across the street thats nearing 100 yards away, he'll bark until its out of site.

Problem is we have lots of dog walkers that do this at 10-11pm at night. Every night this weekend it happened. Not to mention we have a rabbit family that he barks at every morning at 6am when we go outside.

I go out with him and try to sway his attention when hes barking but I quickly pull him inside because I don't want neighbors upset. I live in a city area where I can touch my house and my neighbors at the same time.

I know hes just being a puppy and a GSD protector but how do you stop it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. It's a good feeling of safety but sometimes annoying as well.

I fostered 2 GSDs overnight a few weekends back. They were here for one night and went crazy at anyone on the other side of the fence but the second they disappeared, completely happy.

It even startled me because they went crazy at me as I was on the other side of the fence but once I came in, all lovey dovey.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Biggest problem is he barks at nothing! Well to me it's nothing. Last night I was standing next to him at 11pm(pretty late) and letting him bark so I could find out what hes barking at.

I think I finally figured out that it was garbage cans at the end of driveways. He's not used to seeing those everyday so hes barking. He's very alert to new stuff in different places. When he finds something in the house that's normally not there, he sits and stares at it for literally 5 minutes. Like he's waiting for it to go back to where it came from. It's pretty funny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.