German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Rosie. 5 months. GSD x Siberian Husky x Japanese Akita
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! So we're up here in Humboldt County, CA, about 6 hrs from the SF Bay Area, 8 hrs from Portland area. Pup came from an accidental farm litter, not a breeder. Is a great dog (my other posts describe her well ;))

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, is fairly limited here, including dog trainers. I've gotten names of a few from friends and people at work, but I don't respect how these people engage with their dogs. They don't seem to put much stock in training of any kind. It's like they wanted the classes and few private training sessions to make a perfect dog... and these are retrievers, labs, etc that just don't do what they're asked to do. Maybe it's the owners and not the trainers... either way, I don't trust their judgement on trainers!

SO, if anyone has any ideas or recommendations for trainers who might be relatively close, we'd be thankful as can be. thanks already!

·
Administrator
10,466 Posts
Eeesh, you're right, tough area...
Perhaps @mycobraracr has some leads? Can't recall where he is exactly, but I'm thinking Redding could be a halfway point from him or at least an area with more resources.

·
Registered
Rosie. 5 months. GSD x Siberian Husky x Japanese Akita
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
definitely! but I wasn't sure if that was just used as a reference point... like saying you're in SD if you actually live in LaJolla or a close but lesser known town.
Redding is most definitely easier than Chico! At this point, we couldn't get to either. Our pup gets carsick 5 minutes out the gate right now, 299 or 36 to Redding would demolish her!

·
Administrator
10,466 Posts
I asked a couple co-workers... One who grew up in Humbolt and the other that attended school there.

·
Administrator
10,466 Posts
Not a personal recommendation, but Angelina at Primal K9 Coaching was a name just given to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts