German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a trainer that does puppy classes in woodbridge/vaughan area in ontario.

Also has anyone had experience with PetSmart training? Its more for socialization than their program its very basic (sit, stay, down she already knows that)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The only trainer I know is in Kitchener? I think. I don't know Ontario very well so hopefully someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sunsilver might have some ideas. I have had two really good trainers but one is in Markham and the other in Newmarket.
I'd stay away from PetSmart, have not seen anything too professional there.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I am quite a bit north of Woodbridge. And the only dog trainer near me I'd recommend without reservation is in Barrie: https://www.topdogk9services.com/

I took several training courses with Kathy and her staff, and they were top-notch. She also rehabs dogs no one else will touch - she is their last resort.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Sabis mom, anyone charging $15,000 for a 10 month old German shepherd 'trained protection dog' is a ripoff artist!

Also, the prices he charges for basic training courses are well beyond what anyone except the very rich would be able to afford.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Sabis mom, anyone charging $15,000 for a 10 month old German shepherd 'trained protection dog' is a ripoff artist!

Also, the prices he charges for basic training courses are well beyond what anyone except the very rich would be able to afford.
He charges about the same as the trainers in Calgary and I believe he places the dogs and then completes training.
As I said never met the man. He helped me with Shadow.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The group classes for that guy are pretty standard/cheap for Toronto, anyways - the really expensive ones seem to be the board and train.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts