German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know/know of a decent trainer in Saudi Arabia?

I've met with a couple over the past few days that claim they have experience, but they rely on harsh punishment or "fear training" rather than anything else and that is a huge no for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe an online class ?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Good for you rejecting the alpha, forced training approach! Your little puppy is only 8 wks, yes? What training are you after? At this age pottying outdoors and play and bonding and some exposure to things is really all he needs! Most trainers won't work with puppies that young...

Reactions: Sal_

·
Registered
274 Posts
I’m assuming you’re looking for general training help teaching manners or something like that. Unfortunately, I can’t help you with a trainer on Saudi Arabia, but there are a lot of online options.

There is a website called Fenzi Dog Sports Academy that has a lot of classes on it that trainers have created. It has a lot of classes on teaching skills for dog sports, but they also have some courses for basic things like loose leash walking and building engagement with your dog. I took a course on there and you can pay to upload videos and get feedback from the trainer on how to work with your dog. Here’s a link for you to consider:
Fenzi Dog Sports Academy

Stonnie Dennis is a popular trainer who has a lot of videos for free on YouTube. I believe you can also pay for a training session with him online, but that might be a little expensive.

Best of luck to you in finding a trainer!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you rejecting the alpha, forced training approach! Your little puppy is only 8 wks, yes? What training are you after? At this age pottying outdoors and play and bonding and some exposure to things is really all he needs! Most trainers won't work with puppies that young...
My little guy is 3 months and 2 days.
Hes already gotten potty training down with a total of 3 accidents indoors thankfully. And they were all my fault for not paying attention to the signs or by being busy with something else.

What I'm really looking for is someone to teach me how to build the correct foundation to have a wonderful family pet.

I understand it's too early to start any formal training but from what I've read from numerous posts here on the forum and elsewhere, starting early is my best shot at success.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m assuming you’re looking for general training help teaching manners or something like that. Unfortunately, I can’t help you with a trainer on Saudi Arabia, but there are a lot of online options.

There is a website called Fenzi Dog Sports Academy that has a lot of classes on it that trainers have created. It has a lot of classes on teaching skills for dog sports, but they also have some courses for basic things like loose leash walking and building engagement with your dog. I took a course on there and you can pay to upload videos and get feedback from the trainer on how to work with your dog. Here’s a link for you to consider:
Fenzi Dog Sports Academy

Stonnie Dennis is a popular trainer who has a lot of videos for free on YouTube. I believe you can also pay for a training session with him online, but that might be a little expensive.

Best of luck to you in finding a trainer!
You assumed correctly. That's pretty much what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the links! I will definitely look into those options.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
A couple more that you might want to look at are Robert Cabral and Upstate Canine Academy on YouTube. Kikopup has tons of good puppy training videos as well!

And you're absolutely right, laying a good foundation now will save you tons of time later on and help you and your puppy develop a communication bond that is priceless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts