German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this site and I have a 4 month old GSD that is a joy to have around. He has a drive for work always sniffing around and pacing as if he needs something to keep him active. I have been reading a little about Schutzhund training and that is something of interest to me although I am not near a Schutzund Club location. I would love to work with him myself on tracking since I think we have a great connection and he listens well. Also, a little with protection work if it is possible to work with that myself. He already is semi territorial he barks at people passing by as an alert or runs to the edge of the yard and sits and watches as people walk past. We currently are working on his obedience training as he is learning that fast and now I am looking for something else to add to keep him active. As I said I am new to this and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
What is your general location? There are many training groups out there that may not be official clubs.

Do a search in this forum and in the tracking forum for many discussions on tracking. I still recommend Gary Patterson's book "Tracking: from the beginning".

The protection work is not something you should do alone. Without experience you will end up doing far more harm than good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently live in Akron Oh. I looked through the forum and was able to find some clubs that offer training. Thanks for the help I see you are apart of a club out of Michigan I am originally from the Southfield MI area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts