German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hey everyone,

I was wanting to know some good tough toys you all give your dogs that don't get shredded in a couple minutes. Nylabones I'm assusming are still a little hard for Mr. Brody because he doesnt pay too much attention to them. His bully sticks are starting to get chewed a little faster...these are still are longest lasting chews though. He loves the "no stuffing" toys, but I wanted to see if anyone has really found the "indestructible" toy...or one that has lasted a good while! I may try a piece of tough hose. The K9's at my husbands work love to play with pieces of hoses. They are out of their puppy stage so they don't really chew on them but I may test it out and see if works well. Thanks for your suggestions!

·
Registered
403 Posts
A kong toy is definitely handy. My shepherd loves it. Its durable and helps stimulate their mind.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!! I'll look into some of those! We have a kong for him, but he's not that interested in it, we even put some peanut butter in it. He'll play with it till he gets most of the peanut butter out but then he won't look at it again lol. He really enjoy the stuffing less toys but I know he wants something good to sink those teeth into!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thanks everyone!! I'll look into some of those! We have a kong for him, but he's not that interested in it, we even put some peanut butter in it. He'll play with it till he gets most of the peanut butter out but then he won't look at it again lol. He really enjoy the stuffing less toys but I know he wants something good to sink those teeth into!
have you tried freezing the kong after you put the PB in it. it makes it last like 10 times as long...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you tried freezing the kong after you put the PB in it. it makes it last like 10 times as long...
Hmmm no I haven't...but that sounds like a good idea!! Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Oh my, yes stuff it with pb and kibble or plain yogurt or ground beef and freeze! He will LOVE it!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Mine does not tear up toys...go figure. Not even soft fluffy wubbies. As for the hose. I figured out he liked that when I turned it on and got sprayed by 20 little holes near the handle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the best way to get peanut butter into a Kong- without paying 4x the price of a jar for one of those specially made squeeze dispensers at the pet store?

·
Registered
316 Posts
What is the best way to get peanut butter into a Kong- without paying 4x the price of a jar for one of those specially made squeeze dispensers at the pet store?
I just spoon it in...but Ive stopped using peanut butter
and started using canned dog food.

I mix up some canned food and dry kibble and spoon
the mixture into the kong. Then fill up the rest with
more canned dog food. Freeze for at least two hours
so its rock hard. Lasts Abby almost 30 minutes.
Which is a really long time for her.

Sometimes I break up some biscuits to mix with
the canned food instead of kibble.

If you fill it up all the way and freeze it hard they cant
get the goodies out until it begins to thaw a little.
Abby loves it...Of course she loves ANYTHING edible...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts