German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In general what size toys do you all get for your dogs?

Kong Large vs XL and Cuz etc? I have found a good list of toys that people like, but when choosing a size I always hesitate...the larger prevents choking hazard but is it too big or hard on the jaw then?

Size of a tennis ball? Bigger?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I won't have the medium cuz in my house. It is so very annoying! Morgan and Otto both love the large cuz or anything that's that big softball size. Mini footballs are a big hit, 7" basketballs, they like the bigger toys. We have the big Kong Wubba, they like that too but mostly for playing tug.

Otto loves his JW Pet Grass ball - it's rubber, the size and bounce of a tennis ball but it has holes in either end so it's not a choking hazard and it's lasted really well.

My friend has a tremendous rottie, this dogs head is the size of a basketball and he is a strong chewer. I bought him the small jolly ball, word is that he hasn't destroyed it yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
With a GSD, it's best to give toys that are two big for them to swallow hole. Regular size tennis balls are small enough to fit down their throat. My sister-in-law's shepherd-Husky mix choked on one. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I like the Jolly Balls, both the large and medium. They last long and Stark loves them.

Tennis balls are only for retrieving (with the launcher) outside, I put them away so he can't chew them.

The kongs, I have the large but am thinking of upgrading to the extra large because he can now fit the whole thing in his mouth, so I have to supervise when he plays with that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts