German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several days ago Freyja was put on a treatment of Forbid, which we have since finished. Neither she nor Angus eat poop but another dog they frequently hang out with does, so to stop his habit they were all dogs that are around him were put on the product.

Oh Dear God, it turned her butt into a Toxic Waste zone. :sick: Not only can you smell her poop from over an acre away, but her farts are room clearing. Before this product I have never seen a dog run away from its own farts. You could bottle this stuff and sell it as an alternative to mace. Not only are her farts toxic, but they are audible and frequent. There is nothing worse than being awaken in the middle of the night to the sound of "ppppfffftttt" and knowing what is going to come next. I am considering investing in a gas mask. To make it worse, this product is supposed to make her poop unappealing for over a month, which means we have to deal with this for that much longer. I swear, if this doesn't stop the other dog from eating poop, I will follow him into the yard and retrain him the hard way, or send him into the yard with a muzzle.:mad:

Does anyone have any idea how to calm this incessant farting? Both Freyja and I would much appreciate it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone is wondering, we have not changed her daily food, and we have never experienced this problem before.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had to google the Forbid product to find the ingredients. It has wheat gluten and monosodium glutamate in it. I wonder if Freyja is sensitive to the wheat gluten and this may have caused the problem. What I don't understand is how the product could stay in a dog's system for a month. As far as dealing with the problem:sick:, maybe digestive enzymes and plain yogurt. I'm sure others will know more about this than me and give you some good suggestions. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I'm so sorry, I can imagine how nasty that is but I'm gonna confess...I laughed out loud reading your post.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm so sorry, I can imagine how nasty that is but I'm gonna confess...I laughed out loud reading your post.
Yeah ^^^ that.

I'm sorry your dog is so...gassy/stinky right now - poor thing she doesn't even seem to like it.

I can only imagine how bad the farts must be if she leaves too - and audible ones at that. Wow.

I suppose you could try these...maybe.

stomach gas problems excess fart filter charcoal underwear flatulence remedy

I have to admit I LOL'd too - sorry ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Yeah, okay. I re-read it and LOL'd again. I'm sorry. I am a bad person.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Oh Dear God, it turned her butt into a Toxic Waste zone. :sick: Not only can you smell her poop from over an acre away, but her farts are room clearing. Before this product I have never seen a dog run away from its own farts. You could bottle this stuff and sell it as an alternative to mace. Not only are her farts toxic, but they are audible and frequent. There is nothing worse than being awaken in the middle of the night to the sound of "ppppfffftttt" and knowing what is going to come next. I am considering investing in a gas mask. QUOTE]

Seriously. I laughed so hard while reading this I believe I trickled a bit
:rofl:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Caitydid: Just be thankful she's not a Lab. Not only are Labs notorious for blasting toxic gas, they also have high powered fans installed right above their exhausts. :sick:

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I'm so sorry but I :rofl: too! Can you use charcoal tablets?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

More LOL here. Sorry. Guess that's a lot funnier if you're not in the same house...

Heidi had that problem once with one of the veggie bones to clean her teeth. She left the room after the incident and it took me a minute to figure out what she was doing...until the smell drifted my way. She wouldn't eat them after that episode.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I went and called my husband in Chicago to read him your post. I ended up having to copy and paste it to email him cause I couldn't stop laughing when trying to read it.
Whenever I need a good laugh, I am going to re-read this post again.
HAHAAHHAHAHA!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
You can give a dog Gas X just like people. I use Phazyme though because it takes less pills to work than Gas X. I know what you are going through Victor's gas can clear a room too.:eek: I also give probiotics on his food to aid digestion. I always have some form of simethicone on hand for him.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I'm sorry. I can't offer any helpful suggestions, but when I read this, I started to laugh so hard, I choked on my coffee!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
The first thing I noticed is that your dog is not the poop eater. You are an AWFUL NICE person to subject yourself and your dog to that for someone else's dog. If it were me (NOT an awful nice person) I would let the other dog's owner deal with the problem.
After all your suffering I doubt that it did any good for the other dog. Most poop-eating dogs are incurable, although some are. I have heard many more failure stories than successes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
After all your suffering I doubt that it did any good for the other dog. Most poop-eating dogs are incurable, although some are. I have heard many more failure stories than successes.

LOL Oh No! Well, here you go Honey!

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm still giggling and my husband is starting to give me queer looks.As for help with the issue...have not delt with that one before.probiotics and yoghurt like someone else posted may help alieve some gastro discomfort.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm sorry, but I read this aloud to my husband and we were both laughing. Only because we can feel your pain. :rofl: You have a way with words.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Same here. Still laughing!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts