German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you feed? We are currently using the wetland formula and have had great results so far! Our 13 month old girl is about 60 lbs and a little on the thin side. We have been feeding 4 cups a day, and she has put on a few lbs but recently she has not been finishing her meals. I dont want her to lose the weight she has put on. I am thinking about cutting her to 3.5 cups. How much is everyone feeding?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will work on some side shots and above shots in the next day or so. She is in her kennel fast asleep! You can not see her ribs most of the time now. She has put on about 8-10 pounds in the last few months, however the reason I feel she is a little thin is her hip bones are still noticable. Her spine is not sharp but easily felt as our her ribs. I think she would be perfect with about 3-4 more lbs. She is 24" Thanks

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Frag gets 1.5-2 cups a day. He's 16 months, 78lbs, 27ish inches, and intact.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 2 adult GSD's and they each get 1 cup AM and 1 cup PM.
They are maintaining their wt (both could stand to lose a few pounds though...lol).
They are on the Pacific stream formula and are doing well on it.
Karen
Jenny GSD rescue
Mr. Luke GSD rescue

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
My GSD is almost 2 years old, he is 28" at the shoulders and he weighs around 80 pounds.

He gets 4 cups of TOTW a day.

I rotate all 4 formulas.

·
Registered
385 Posts
1 gets 2 cups/day or a little more/less, depending on her activity. She could stand to lose 2-3 pounds, she is 68 pounds now.
1 gets almost 4 cups/day, she could stand to gain a couple of pounds. :)

·
5,627 Posts
Raven, 3yr old spayed female, 27" tall, 78lbs (ish) gets 2 cups a day.

Kaiser, 1 yr old recently neutered male, 23-4" tall (doesn't sit still!), 66lbs gets 3 cups a day but he was just transitioned to the food so I haven't figured out if this is enough for him yet.

I feed the Pacific Stream blend.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
TOTW did not work for my pack. We switched evryone to TOTW because we had gotten our Great Dane pup, & we wanted to feed a grain-free food to reduce the chance of bloat. Well, all my dogs LOST weight! The instructions say you need to feed less, but we ended up having to mfeed alot more, which was cost prohibitive.

·
2,967 Posts
The whole crew is on TOTW Pacific Stream. Amounts are split into 2 meals.
93lb 8year old Male- 3.5 cups
85lb 4 year old Male- 2 cups
66lb 22 month old- 2 cups
63lb 3 year old Female- 1.75 cups
65lb 11 month old Male- 4 cups

In my experience, if she is leaving food she is not hungry. My girl has always been very good about regulating her own weight. Even though she was pretty skinny for a period of time...the more I tried to feed her, the more she would leave. Eventually she just got through that string bean phase and started to mature out at about 2 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts