German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I switched my dogs from BB to TOTW Pacific..I switched them slowly but we still have had some soft stools.My question is:Why does their poop smell SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!! It literally can clear a room in record time!! Does anyone else have this problem?? They had the salmon BB so I dont think its due to the fish....??? Ideas? Its NASTY lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
im doing exactly the same thing, but transitioning from eagle pack... i have noticed his stools are the size of flippin softballs, but they arn't runny nor hard... and kind of the same thing as you, when he farts he clears the whole house

·
Registered
462 Posts
LOL yeah when they fart I frantically run around the house looking for a cow pie :rofl: its horrendous!!! The stools arn't like diarrhea..more like soft serve icecream LMAO sorry for the visual!!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly it!!!!! Im so glad Im not the only one dealing with this!!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It may be that the pup is ridding itself of all the grains and things in BB and adjusting to the new food, give it a full month and see....

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
When I switched Shenzi over she had very firm but very little stools. Now she's starting to have larger, on the softer side stools. Maybe add a little pumpkin?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Actually since Jake has been a consistent grain free food now for two months his stool is small, firm and no foul odor....the way it should be.:)

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
This is funny......so are you saying your poop doesn't smell? LOL it's dog s$%t, it's going to smell bad.
There is a difference between smelling like "poop" and being SO foul smelling that it makes you gag!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
LOL yeah when they fart I frantically run around the house looking for a cow pie :rofl: its horrendous!!! The stools arn't like diarrhea..more like soft serve icecream LMAO sorry for the visual!!!!
Often soft poop is a sign that they are being over fed. But that in addition to the room clearing smell could mean that it just doesn't agree with them.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
We had that problem with a foster. And they were huge! I always wondered how much they were actually absorbing from the food.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I've actually had this problem with Orijen and Evo, but not with Taste of the Wild.

On Orijen, Ronja had really, really stinky farts and soft poops. On Evo, she had pretty big, soft poops but no gas. On TOTW I get nice stools and while she still occasionally farts, at least they don't smell.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:rofl: yes I know poop smells like $*** but this is AWFUL!! I actually had to take my female in to the clinic for a swollen face and they thought she had diarrhea because her gas was so bad. They even took a sample to be sure because they didn't believe me!!!!!! It hasn't been quite a month yet so I can definetly give it a little more time... I just have never had poop smell this bad!!!!! I am actually feeding slightly less than what they recommend on the back so I really dont think Im over feeding... I can definetly try the pumpkin, Im a big fan of adding this for any stool issues!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
he's poop probably smells naturally.

So I switched my dogs from BB to TOTW Pacific..I switched them slowly but we still have had some soft stools.My question is:Why does their poop smell SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!! It literally can clear a room in record time!! Does anyone else have this problem?? They had the salmon BB so I dont think its due to the fish....??? Ideas? Its NASTY lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If thats natural than I must be eating horrible food as well, because my poop doesn't smell that bad LOL!!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
do you eat natural or organic? poop is poop. you're concerned about
the way the poop smells.

QUOTE=GoSearchk9;1976096]If thats natural than I must be eating horrible food as well, because my poop doesn't smell that bad LOL!![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL I try and eat most organic but Im not perfect ;). Im concerned because the horrendous smelling poop comes with awful gas. The poop is also not firm like normal, its very soft. Not diarrhea, but not normal consistancy either

·
Registered
6 Posts
We feed TOTW and the poop stinks but it's poop and outside so no biggy. As for the toots, my Mini-Pin has the worst of all 3 of my dogs. We also feed the Pacific stream.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
We feed TOTW and the poop stinks but it's poop and outside so no biggy. As for the toots, my Mini-Pin has the worst of all 3 of my dogs. We also feed the Pacific stream.

LOL..... I agree it is poop! You know the saying ---> "Don't act S**** don't stink"... LOL (just to be funny) ;) I know this when Otto yet Pacific Stream he smells like fish... :crazy: But thats ok. Otto stomch can't handle beef. He always has bad... :sick: I mean really bad GAS!! Wakes us up some times. We always search for poop in our room never find any. LOL Sheweee Nasty gas...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts