German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just noticed yesterday a new flavor in TOTW.............they have added a Lamb choice.........anyone tried it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haven't tried it yet...just switched from the Pacific stream to the High prarie for a while but plan on trying the lamb too eventually.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have it right now. My dogs keep trying to still some out of the container. I am trying the pacific stream next .

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I just bought a bag and gave Stosh a handful of it-- he LOVES it! He's eating the High Prairie now so I'll see how it goes with the lamb

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, it looks like a great addition to the line.........i will be trying it soon............

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
When you say, "try it"... I read that as you guys personally having a bowl of TOTW Cheerios.

Sorry, I'm going on 48 hours of no sleep.

-E

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
We got sample bags of all 4 the lamb smells the worst and the pup likes it the least. Of course in the sample bags the fowl one she loved and smelled great but we just got a big bag and it doesn't smell the same not sure what it is?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I personally don't like TOTW, but when the roads were all messed up here, I tried both Wilderness, and TOTW.... the Lamb variety is the only ones that my dogs really liked, and it seemed to agree with them.... but I would never buy it on purpose ;) But then, people don't like canidae, and their grain free is my favorite dog food, and my dogs love it!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
We got sample bags of all 4 the lamb smells the worst and the pup likes it the least. Of course in the sample bags the fowl one she loved and smelled great but we just got a big bag and it doesn't smell the same not sure what it is?
Okay, I thought that was just me, lol I think it smells funky too.
Plus the dogs poop smells more like a cow pasture but maybe I smell it more because it is in the melting snow. Its not fun picking up slushy snow/poop mix.

I am going to the pacific stream next. I just ordered in on that petcarerx

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am using Pacific Stream and have for quite a few years. tried the fowl and like that, never used the Bison..........Sounds like the Lamb is a bit stinky.......:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feed a 1:1 blend of the pacific and lamb varieties. Tried switching to just the lamb. My collie mix hates the lamb flavor and my GSD doesn't like the pacific, for some reason they have agreed upon the mixing of the two. We were feeding Innova before, but it was bankrupting me... Seems to be working well so far and I love the price for the pretty good level of quality TOTW provides. Never really noticed the stink, but then again I keep all their food sealed up in a large tote so I don't have to smell it. Next bag I open I'll have to check it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts