German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we've had Duke on TOTW for allergies and think for the most part its under control though we gave him flea meds recently too but OH MY the gas he's continually passing gas and WOW not a pretty scene.. Is this normal for TOTW ? He's on Bison and can't do Salmon.

·
2,967 Posts
We use the Salmon and have not had any gas...Maybe if you add some yogurt to his food that might help it get under control?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Cody doesn't pass gas on TOTW, but Mandi does, but she did on all the other foods she's been on too...

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
We use TOTW salmon also but if we give them anything that has lamb in it talk about gas mask time:eek:. We gave them TOTW duck and the gas was horrible. I had to give Victor Gas X everyday but on the salmon they are ok. We also give probiotics and salmon oil on their food. Lots of smelly fish smell but they do good on it and no gas! We mix BB fish and sweet potato and TOTW salmon for variety. The coats are shiny and gorgeous on this combo. We have not tried the bison TOTW because we were worried about the gassiness.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
We've used the Bison and the Salmon, no problems here except they don't like Salmon. I stay away from poultry, I'm pretty sure Harley is allergic to it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm I don't know what to do now, maybe try a different flavor. It would be nice to get is coat shinier or something too but he can't do any salmon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I first switched the dogs to TOTW I started with the Wetlands formula...OMG my male had the worst smelling gas...it was bad (never had a gas problem on any other foods he ate). I have since switched them to the Pacific stream formula and he has not had any gas problems, on our 2nd bag now. So far so good.
Karen
Jenny GSD rescue
Mr. Luke GSD rescue

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Both of mine had gas when we switched to TOTW and it took about 2 weeks before they adjusted. It's normal just give it time:)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Kain's been on TOTW bison since day one and does well with it, no gas. But give him a squirrel and he'll run you outta the house.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts