1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taste Of The Wild has 4 formulas now!

High Prairie Canine Formula (Bison)
Ingredients
Bison, lamb meal, chicken meal, egg product, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, roasted bison, roasted venison, natural flavor, tomato pomace, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Pacific Stream Canine Formula (Salmon)
Ingredients
Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, canola oil, salmon meal, smoked salmon, potato fiber, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Wetlands Canine Formula (Duck)
Ingredients
Duck, duck meal, chicken meal, egg product, sweet potatoes, peas, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), potatoes, roasted quail, roasted duck, smoked turkey, natural flavor, tomato pomace, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

And their new formula

Sierra Mountain Canine Formula (Lamb)
Ingredients
Lamb, lamb meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas, canola oil, potato protein, roasted lamb, tomato pomace, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride, mixed tocopherols (a natural preservative and source of vitamin E) dried chicory root, taurine, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
YAY OMG I am SO excited. We are in the process of switching Shenzi's food to TOTW and I know shes going to love getting new flavours! She already picks the salmon out of the bowl and doesnt really want the RC anymore... lol

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YAY OMG I am SO excited. We are in the process of switching Shenzi's food to TOTW and I know shes going to love getting new flavours! She already picks the salmon out of the bowl and doesnt really want the RC anymore... lol
I pick up a bag of dog food every 3-5 weeks and I rotate formulas, they had Bison first, Duck second, right now they are on Salmon and when I run out they will get the new Lamb formula.

Both boys LOVE their food. :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Wow that is great I have been rotating formulas too! I'm only on my second bag Salmon was my first bag and now I'm on the High Prairie Canine. So far he is loving TOTW. I feed Raw in the evenings..... :) Thanks for the new information.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Danielle, I'm also starting to wet my feet into half kibble half raw. Basically because my poor girl is allergic to everything and poor thing should be allowed to chew on something...:(

·
Registered
386 Posts
i just bought my pup a case of the lamb and he absolutly loves it... i give it to him for lunch and he pretty much devours the whole can

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just got High Prairie for Ze'eva today and omg she LOVES it! I had her on Solid Gold WolfCub and she kind of liked it and this she devours like its raw meat... I might start rotating through the different formulas when I run out of 1 30lb bag with her but she really likes the Bison!
EDIT: I got the dry and not the canned food...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i wanted to be excited by the new formula, but the Sierra ans Pacific Stream are dreadfully low in protein and calories compared to other grainless foods (and even their other two formula).

that leads me to the logical conclusion that there is not much meat in those two formulas.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Those of you rotating formulas, do you slowly switch from 1 to the other over x? days or just breaking out the new bag when you finish up the old ?

I have been feeding the Bison & both dogs are doing well on it. Jazzy will eat anything, but Mr. Picky (Duke) is getting bored with it.

Both have well formed poops now & I don't want to trigger another round of poopy butts !

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
We just finished up a bad of Sierra Mountains, it smells funny but Arlo loved it of course! It doesn't have a whole lot of protein but it is more simple than the other formulas so this may be a good thing for some dogs. I think I am finally going to stick with TOTW. I know some dogs have problems with chicken so this is good news! I just bought a bag of Wetlands this evening. We haven't tried High Prarie....is the Pacific Stream really fishy smelling?? I can't stand when my dogs smell like fish so that's the only reason I haven't tried it yet...

Does anyone know about the Calcium amounts? I can't seem to find them anywhere...

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Picked up the lamb this wk.

I mix bison, fish, & lamb all together & feed, haven't had a prob.
I truly like to keep bison in their diet at all times b/c keeps the
weight on them b/c of higher protein & cal per cup.

I went to fish only this summer & they got too thin. I since went to
bison & fish. Now added lamb in the mix. :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Is the lamb new? I have not seen this variety around my area? I can't even find it on their website.

Edit: I found the formula on their site. It says it is available at my Tractor Supply but I have not seen it.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up the lamb this wk.

I mix bison, fish, & lamb all together & feed, haven't had a prob.
I truly like to keep bison in their diet at all times b/c keeps the
weight on them b/c of higher protein & cal per cup.

I went to fish only this summer & they got too thin. I since went to
bison & fish. Now added lamb in the mix. :)
That sounds like a good idea. I might have to do that too. :) Maybe mix Bison & Salmon and then mix Lamb & Duck.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Does anyone know about the Calcium amounts? I can't seem to find them anywhere...

High prairie /calcium 2.1 ph 1.4

Pacific stream/ calcium 1.9 ph 1.1

wetlands/ calcium 2.1 ph 1.4

so, all arount 2%, which is why many of us avoid it til our pups are pretty much done growing.

dont know about the new formula, but id expect it to be about the same.

·
Registered
398 Posts
We are getting Duke a new bag this afternoon but switching from Salmon to well was going to be Bison but here's the question if he's allergic to Salmon is he going to be allergic to "ocean fish meal " too ? I noticed all but the last one has Ocean fish meal in it so made me wonder.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
We just switched from Canidae to TOTW - Bought the High Prairie Bison-Venison and the dogs seem to really like it. Price wasn't bad either.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
We just recently started mixing the duck and salmon flavors. The lamb is not available in our area but we may not feed it when it does become available because lamb seems to give our shepherds bad gas!!! We regularly feed the salmon TOTW and Blue Buffalo mixed for variety but this time we are just trying TOTW duck and salmon and see if it makes them gassy. We used to mix 4Health lamb but like I said before-- bad gas!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i get the small 5lb bags at tractor supply and mix some in with the 4Health they get so they're getting a lil extra. they LOVE it!!! Thats exciting. I'm sure they'll love the Sierra Mountain one! cant wait to get that one!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am happy about the new lamb formula. Dooku can't handle the duck or bison formulas, but she's done great on the salmon. A few weeks ago I bought a small bag of the lamb and she did just fine with it. It's nice for dogs who can do higher protein foods.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts