German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A former member of this board passed away suddenly on Friday. Some of you might remember him Santos...
His 2 GSD's have been taken to the Toronto Humane Society on River Street.
Justice male age 7 & Liberty female age 3. Santos lived for his dogs, please save them so he may rest in peace.
I'm sorry but that is all of the contact info I have..........

Attachments

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Oh that's so sad! Right before Christmas! :(

I hope they find a home together but the chances of that are slim. :cry:

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Sorry to hear of the passing of Santos, hope his two babies Justice and Liberty will find a loving and forever home.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I received an answer back from the THS, see below. It really makes you think about what would happen to your dogs if you were suddenly gone.
Hello –
We do have the dogs here in our care, as well as a parrot called Dean. They have recently arrived and are being looked at by our vet team before being made ready for adoption.

Best wishes,
Stephanie

Stephanie Ratcliff
Fundraising
Toronto Humane Society
11 River Street, Toronto, ON M5A 4C2
P: 416.392.2273 x2194
F: 416.392.9978
E: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
how very sad:((

·
Registered
798 Posts
This is so sad!! :(

How I wish I could have the space and resources to help these poor things.

As Whiteshepherds said, it really makes you think what would happen to your own dogs if you suddenly pass. At least I'm pretty certain my family would look after them, but it's still something very sad to think about.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
JeanKBBMMMAAN, you can remove my post entirely if you'd like, now that the other post has been edited, mine is kind of irrelevant. :)

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Oh my how sad! wish his family had kept them, if he had family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
brother of santos

Santos had a family that loved him more than anything. Santos was survived by Justice and Liberty, two loving parents, two sisters, and me, his brother, Lorenzo. We have been deeply grieving his passing the past seven days, and I have made arrangements to adopt both Justice and Liberty. It is a comfort to know that within a very short time of his passing, the people who knew and loved Justice and Liberty have been caring for them until I could receive them in their new home with me. I will show Justice and Liberty all the love and compassion I know how to, as I know Santos would have wanted.

Rest in peace dear Santos, may your memory live on forever,

Lorenzo

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Thank you for the update and making sure his beloved pets are safe.
My condolences to you, Lorenzo in the loss of your brother.
May Justice and Liberty give you comfort as you do the same for them.
Rest peacefully Santos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thank you for your heartfelt condolences

please spread the news about Santos, I want everyone to know that Justice and Liberty are being cared for.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Lorenzo, I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a beloved family member and I don't think anything we say can ease your pain, but my thoughts are with Santos, you and your family.

I wish having Liberty and Justice with you will bring some peace to your heart. I know Santos will definitely rest now that you're taking care of his fur babies! Sending hugs.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lorenzo:

Eternal rest and peace to your brother, Santos. His name means "the saints" and I hope he is rejoicing with the saints, knowing that you are taking care of his dogs. Those are such beautiful dogs. How heartbreaking for your whole family, but every time you see Justice and Liberty you will feel Santos' presence close to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you all for your concern and good wishes. Santos would have done the same for anyone. i will be picking up the dynamic duo this week. i will try to keep in touch.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I don't know what made me check this thread again but I am so glad I did. When I first read it I wanted to cry, I am so glad the dogs wont be separated.
Rest in peace, Santos.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts
Lorenzo,

I knew Allen via the other board, and he was very special to many. I've been sending prayers and positive energy to your family through this very difficult time. I'm sure now Allen can Rest In Peace knowing his Jman and Liberty will be taken care of. God bless you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts