German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a request for all of us with dreams of making the big league, or, the big box to the side.

The top posters box is a hall of fame window so to speak, with hundreds looking in daily. We dream of one day seeing our name up there,
knowing full well it'll never, never hapen.

So, I would like to see a space in the box dedicated to the "daily top poster".

Think of all the members feverishly submitting post's with hopes of claiming the "box"

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I made almost 1000 of my post when I had still no dog and this forum was the medicine for my puppy deprivation. Since then my post rate has decreased a lot because I have a time sucker to take care of, to train and wanting to go potty every time I have 5 minutes to the PC. I used to participate a lot on the chat room, but now I almost exclusively stick with the training related threads.

The truth is you can be a top poster posting only with posts of one word on The Café and the people whose words has a real value is out there working their dogs. By example, Tim Wild has very few posts but when he says something it has to be read.

In a specialized forum like this one to reward the number of post can be a double-edged weapon with more threads and post diverging of the main purpose of the board than experienced and educated responses. I don't mean that top poster are there because they had nothing to do, the ones in the right are alive proof that you can be a top poster and still experienced trainer and/or rescuer etc. and most are top posters thanks to the time they have been here, but I don't like the idea of making a race of number of posts.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Originally Posted By: LicanAntaiThe truth is you can be a top poster posting only with posts of one word on The Café and the people whose words has a real value is out there working their dogs. By example, Tim Wild has very few posts but when he says something it has to be read.

In a specialized forum like this one to reward the number of post can be a double-edged weapon with more threads and post diverging of the main purpose of the board than experienced and educated responses. I don't mean that top poster are there because they had nothing to do, the ones in the right are alive proof that you can be a top poster and still experienced trainer and/or rescuer etc. and most are top posters thanks to the time they have been here, but I don't like the idea of making a race of number of posts.

·
Super Moderator
32,128 Posts
I'm just amazed that I'm the #3 poster without ever once participating in the games threads, like word association! No wonder I never have enough time in the day to get everything done - I'm sitting here on my backside type, type, typing away, lol!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Totally OT...

Debbie, I have no clue why, but your post made me think, Wouldn't it be neat to have a huge get-together with hundreds (thousands?) of board members and their puppers.

I mean here we sit talking to each other online all the time and most of us have probably never met more than a few other members.

Back to the topic at hand...

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Originally Posted By: LicanAntai

but I don't like the idea of making a race of number of posts.
Me neither! Can you imagine the posting chaos. How many needless posts you'd have to wade through just to get to what you want to read. Ugggghhh...noooo thank you!

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Actually there was a member here that did that so she could change her member title.
She seems to have left

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
i don't see the need to turn posting on the board into a "competition".
whether you post to amuse yourself, pose a question, answer a question, throw in your two cents / put your foot in your mouth, whatever, you're doing so for that reason, not to "claim fame".

j m o

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Truthfully, if you look at how long most of the top posters have been members....... that's also why we have such high numbers (yeah, and I do post alot, but for years too!!!
)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a thought. I must of been bored or something. You can tell by my number of post's since I joined, I'd never be in the running anyway.

·
Super Moderator
32,128 Posts
Originally Posted By: Heidis MomTotally OT...

Debbie, I have no clue why, but your post made me think, Wouldn't it be neat to have a huge get-together with hundreds (thousands?) of board members and their puppers.
Yeah! How about San Francisco?
We've met quite a few members, and it's always fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts