German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her baby teeth started to fall out at 5 months. It was pretty quick, tooth would fall out, 1 week later there would be a new one. All her teeth are replaced including canines. She's 7 months old.

But she is still missing one, I'm waiting for it maybe 5 weeks. And there's still nothing. :|

(Hole on the bottom. No sign of anything anywhere....)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,679 Posts
Her baby teeth started to fall out at 5 months. It was pretty quick, tooth would fall out, 1 week later there would be a new one. All her teeth are replaced including canines. She's 7 months old.

But she is still missing one, I'm waiting for it maybe 5 weeks. And there's still nothing. :|

(Hole on the bottom. No sign of anything anywhere....)

She might just be missing that adult tooth. I show dogs, and that’s one thing they check for. Show dogs have to have all their teeth! If it doesn’t come in, she’ll be fine.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
My hound mix had a mess of a mouth. Baby teeth weren't falling out. Adult teeth coming in with baby teeth still there. Vet said he'd have to have the baby teeth pulled. He didn't. All the baby teeth fell out eventually. Quite a few of his adult teeth never came in.

Natty Boh said to tell your girl, "It's no big deal." Honestly, missing a tooth is not a big deal.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I spent a lot of money to have teeth pulled on a five month old rescue. It should not have because it required full anesthesia and was too much for a puppy with nothing wrong. The vet panicked because it was a rescue and the baby teeth looked crooked. Then I realized they were probably starting to come out onto their own. My new vet waits until a little older and then decides if they will fall out or need help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts