German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning everyone, I Recently got my GSD puppy, it is 51 days old and I plan on training it but I'm not sure when exactly. Yesterday it was sad, but today it's starting to follow me around and give and take. At what age should I start teaching him the basics?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Now. A puppy can sit just as well as adult dog. Find a high value treat you want to use or use whatevever he's eating now as your lure and reward for marker training. When my puppy was younger all the food he ate was from my hand and for doing something I wanted him to do. At first he won't recognize any commands but you can easily lure him into both a sit and down position just by moving the food in front of his face.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just want him to get use to me first, the only training he's getting is crate training at the moment, getting use to the crate, he woke me up the first day.

I saw him whining so I felt bad and took him out of the crate and realized what I did! But now he was whining and I just went to him and said no in a firm voice, he stopped. I need him getting use to the crate first because I have college and I don't get home early, but I do wake up at 5 to play with him and walk him!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts