German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all day I've been asked am I sure that Duncan is a GSD? He looks like a Mali mix. He is sable and hasnt started to color in yet. Did anyone else go through this?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
We all go through it. For the first year of my dogs life I was constantly asked what he was mixed with.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I am constantly getting asked "where did you get your coyote mix?"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could deal with coyote mix. But I mean they argued with me till I showed them pictures of mommy and daddy. Like i'd like about him being mixed with a Mali.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Avatar picture is really cute and I love your user name. One of my favorite books of all time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Avatar picture is really cute and I love your user name. One of my favorite books of all time.
Finally someone got it!!! If you look up the description of Duncan Idaho its almost word for word the personality of a GSD.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Loyal, fierce, attractive, someone you would want as your guard. Perfect name for a GSD.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I haven't had anyone argue that Piper isn't a pure gsd but i have had people ask if she was part coyote. Or if she was part chow. :rolleyes: also lots of people that have never seen a gsd like her. (Pattern sable long hair) So ive answered a lot of questions regarding why she looks so different then zeus. I have also gotten asked if she's a normal German shepherd lol. People honestly just don't know better.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
We get asked what Ranger is often enough, but no one argues after we tell them. Some say they have never seen one like him, but that's about it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Meh, considering I've been told my mutt "looks just like" any number of breeds that she actually bears no resemblance to, whatsoever, I'm not too concerned when people tell me my petite, long stock coat, blanket back Leo just can't be a GSD, because she's too small, too fluffy, and "has funny markings". If the are sincerely confused about her breed, I just tell them she's a GSD, is within standard size-wise at 22.5 inches, that the longer coat is a fault, but not that unusual, and that her coloring and markings are perfectly acceptable. If they don't believe, me, oh well.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
When Shasta was a puppy, people asked what she was mixed with. With Dax, everyone seems to know but we were also in a different place when Shasta was a puppy.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
All the time....last time was just yesterday at the park. Someone asked what breed he was and I said german shepherd and they asked me mixed with what, a coyote?
I always get asked if hes mixed with coyote, always.:crazy:

·
Registered
120 Posts
My boy isn't sable (he's bi color but you can only see the brown on his paws if you really look-so most people think he's all black), but people are always asking "what mix is he?" Not even "what breed is he?"
When I tell them he's a PB GSD they always say "but he's all black!"

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
My boy isn't sable (he's bi color but you can only see the brown on his paws if you really look-so most people think he's all black), but people are always asking "what mix is he?" Not even "what breed is he?"
When I tell them he's a PB GSD they always say "but he's all black!"

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Trust me that will never end. I have a 5 year old female and she is totally black. I always get that question. I tell them she is pure and they give me the most dumb look possible. As if I they are experts and I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Not the best picture to tell, but I think he look pure GSD to me in that pic.

Don't worry about it, my shep is black and everyone thought she was a lab cross, assume she is a he, and one person thought she was a wolf. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts