German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really, we have tried quite a bit and im exhuasted.

Hubby is a DJ/Audio Engineer and our schedule is a bit off.

We sleep from about 1 to 3am untill 9 to 11am but I cant get Jordan to sleep past 5 am and I can't ignored her constant rearranging, whining, and barking for more than 2 hours in the morning.

We have started getting up but I don't let Jordan out until 9 to 10am.
We take her out back to go potty but that's it.

Any suggestions?
Her crate HAS to be in our room as we don't currently have a livingroom (long story). I am hoping by late spring to be able to transition her out in to the livingroom but that depends on our roommate situation and renovations to the house.

Anyway, any advice is appreciated! Im at my wits end -- oh I noticed this has only become worse in the last week... not too sure why!:help:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
That is going to be rough for a puppy. I've worked nights and my dogs adjusted fine to the schedule, but they were all adults by then.

Perhaps keep her up later? Is she going to sleep in the evening and then well rested by 5am? Try keeping her up, exercise her very late and see if that helps at all. Might also help to get up and take her for a potty break, then put her in an xpen rather than back in the crate with some toys, a peanut butter kong, a kong treat ball - anything safe to occupy her for a little longer,.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try exercising later tonight. We can't normally get her to stay up past 10pm... she literally falls asleep sitting up (not for lack of naps during the day either). I do normally exercise in the evenings but obviously not enough :-/

I dont think an xpen would contain her to be totally honest. She can (and does) jump really high (she can jump to our light switch already). And the 2nd issue with an xpen is it's large and we are in a very small house. She is also a vocal player, she "Talks" and "cries" to her toys o.o which is while she gets a rope and a snuggle toy in her crate and nothing else.

I will try to make her stay up... and wear her out a lot tonight ....If we could just get like 6 hours of sleep lol....Id be SO happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.