German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly had TLPO surgery yesterday on her right rear knee. She's coming home this afternoon and am concerned about confinement. We don't have a crate. The vet didn't talk to me much about confinement prior to surgery other than no stairs for 3 months.

I bought a 3' tall 3panel folding dog gate to keep her away from the stairs, but after reading about peoples experiences online, I see I probably need a smaller area for confinement and don't want to risk Molly jumping on the sofa (planning on confining to living room - easy access outside - no stairs - plus no skid carpet). Has anyone had good results with an exercise pen? If so, recommended height? I still have a few hours to shop if I need anything. Any other helpful hints for care, how to ease boredom, or whatever else would be appreciated too. We plan to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our front door - requesting no knocking or doorbell.

·
Registered
31,797 Posts
You should have a crate. Jax had to be crated for 6 weeks if she wasn't leashed to us. i bought a 48" crate from craigslist for her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A crate and confinement is very important but you should also research on rehabilitation, such as low grade laser treatment etc. It will help your shepherds recovery

1 - 3 of 3 Posts