German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rescue that i have been involved with in the past sends us an email every time they get a new puppy, and the story of this one really caught our attention. @ 10weeks old she has only lived in the wild, she was found with her brother beside their mom's dead body (got hit by a car) in a rural road. The guy who found them took her to the rescue, were her brother was nipping her ears constantly, she had to had both her ears drained from blisters caused by her brother, who was adopted by a family 1 week ago.

Saturday my GF and I went to meet her and brought her home. 2 vets that have seen her think she is a bermese mountain dog GSD mix, because of her size @10 weeks (her baby teeth are still growing in) she is 21lbs, so they expect her to be extra-large. but she also looks a lot like a Rottweiler so we'll just have to wait and see. Her name is Tiny (figured is going to be hilarious when she is 80lbs)

Whats are your opinions??? Do yous ee GSD in her????
I will be doing DNA testing to find out her true heritage pretty soon.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What ever her heritage is , she is a beautiful puppy. She looks at the camera with such awesome eyes. Looks like shes gonna be super smart....

·
Registered
330 Posts
She is adorable! The markings definately seem a little Rottie to me, but GSD markings are so similar that it's hard to tell at this age.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Glad both were rescued, poor momma, and pups you could say.
Whatever she is, she's adorable!
Myself, I can see the possiblility of GSD. :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
She is sooo cute. I see rotti. Will you be keeping her, or just fostering? Either way, thank you for taking in this adorable girl. BTW, I love inappropriate names for dogs. My uncle had a chi named Hercules. Tiny is a great name for a huge dog. You will have to get a "Beware of Tiny" sign for your door.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the support, she will definitly be staying with us, we also have a 3 year old catahoula and its funny to see them play its like 2 sisters, they run around and play every chance they get. someone mentioned the ears looked like they were on their way up, so who knows. DNA will tell the story hopefully.

After 3 days in the house i can take her outside and have her pee on command LMAO she is super smart and curious just have to keep her stimulated. Just for show and tell, below is my catahoula Zoe keep in mind i'm 6"4

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
She looks quite similar to our previous dog, who was a GSD/malemute mix. Here's what she looked like as a pup:

And as an adult:

But, she does look darker and heavier, so it looks like there might be some rottie in there as well. But I definitely see some GSD in her!

Thanks for rescuing this cute girl! This is a great place to be for education and support. Hope you stick around!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She looks quite similar to our previous dog, who was a GSD/malemute mix. Here's what she looked like as a pup:

And as an adult:

But, she does look darker and heavier, so it looks like there might be some rottie in there as well. But I definitely see some GSD in her!

Thanks for rescuing this cute girl! This is a great place to be for education and support. Hope you stick around!
That is strikingly similar!!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Now idea what she might be, but she is super cute! I love the markings on her chest; they remind me of a badger for some reason.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Definitely a rottie mix. No mistaking it. Btw, the DNA tests are completely unreliable. They don't have precise enough markers to be able to differentiate between different breeds. That comes from my partner who is molecular biologist and has a masters in human genetics. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely a rottie mix. No mistaking it. Btw, the DNA tests are completely unreliable. They don't have precise enough markers to be able to differentiate between different breeds. That comes from my partner who is molecular biologist and has a masters in human genetics. :)

for $79 is worth it IMO, i'm sure there is cases where its not 100% accurate, but also its based in real science, and I figured if it tells me she is a mix beetwen 4 -5 breeds at less than 25% per breed it doesnt matter, but if it comes back 50% rottie, or 50% swiss mountain dog etc, it will help me understand certain behaviors better.

I mean obviously there is common sesne involved if she turns out to be 80lbs and the test says 50% chihuahua 50% toy poodle i'm going to call BS lol! AnThey dont have any picture, weight or color information on her, so it should be pretty easy to tell if the results are completely unfounded or not.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Tiny is so cute, and it looks like the two of them together are already best friends. Thanks for the rescue. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
they do behave like best friends is soo refreshing! as for her breed her snout seems to be getting longer and less rottie like, but her paws are soo huge wea re still scratching out heads

·
Registered
96 Posts
She is adorable! I love the name! Backwards names are always the best ones. My brother had a min pin he named Killer and he was the sweetest guy ever. Also, our first family dog was a black lab mix that we named Snow lol. She kinda looks like my Demon. Would be very interested in what the DNA test says.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts