German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed for some time that both of my wonderful pup’s ears have a slight “vibration”/tremor when she’s laying still. She’s about a year and a half now and this goes back at least several months (probably more and it somehow escaped me).

Does anyone else’s dog have something like this? I clean her ears regularly and she hasn't displayed any of the typical signs of an ear infection, and I couldn't find anything online about a vibration like this (leading me to think its either "normal" or very abnormal).

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
It looks like the ears are quivering -- that's not normal. Something about this dog's eyes also make her look unwell to me. I can't put my figure on what it is, but it's almost like she's having trouble focusing and lacks vibrance in them. Has she had a wellness visit with a vet recently?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he ears are quivering -- that's not normal. Something about this dog's eyes also make her look unwell to me. I can't put my figure on what it is, but it's almost like she's having trouble focusing and lacks vibrance in them. Has she had a wellness visit with a vet recently?
Thanks. She's been to the vet several times recently for other stuff (GI and skin/itchiness concerns), but to be honest I was so focused on those things that this took a back seat. I have another vet appointment scheduled for next week where I am going to bring this up though. Regarding her eyes, I definitely see what you mean based on this clip but I don't think the video does her justice - she's normally very energetic and actually gets quite a few eye compliments :).

·
Registered
Rosie. 5 months. GSD x Siberian Husky x Japanese Akita
18 Posts
Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed for some time that both of my wonderful pup’s ears have a slight “vibration”/tremor when she’s laying still. She’s about a year and a half now and this goes back at least several months (probably more and it somehow escaped me).

Does anyone else’s dog have something like this? I clean her ears regularly and she hasn't displayed any of the typical signs of an ear infection, and I couldn't find anything online about a vibration like this (leading me to think its either "normal" or very abnormal).

Thank you!

our 18 week old's ears have tiny, tiny vibrations from time to time but they're getting less frequent. We're going to see a new vet soon and I intend to ask. I mean, she doesn't have distemper and nothing else is yet indicative of a neurological disorder. She's bright and incredibly vibrant! I hope yours and mine are ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
our 18 week old's ears have tiny, tiny vibrations from time to time but they're getting less frequent. We're going to see a new vet soon and I intend to ask. I mean, she doesn't have distemper and nothing else is yet indicative of a neurological disorder. She's bright and incredibly vibrant! I hope yours and mine are ok.
Please let me know what the vet says about your pup's ears - I'll do the same after my visit. Good luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Whiskey does this if he's really focused on something. We play a searching game where I will throw tiny pieces of sticks into the grass for him to find and his ears will quiver while he waits for me to throw it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts