German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! First time poster here!

My girl, Tonks, has had floppy-ish ears since we got her in April. Today she turns 6 months old. I believe she has lost all of her baby teeth--the last canine fell out last week. When outside walking on lead (not just a potty break) OR rough housing with her "brother" (1yo Norwegian Elkhound mix), her ears will be up, but leaning towards the center.

The rest of the time, they are basically bent in half, and kinda turned outwards (I saw reference to the Flying Nun) on a different thread.

What do you guys say? Should I start looking for forms yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If her canine just fell out, she is still growing teeth. I mean the adult tooth has not grown in yet. If they go up while roughhousing and walking, I would not worry yet.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
So cute! She looks very concerned. Don't stress about her ears, give her stuff to chew and try to avoid messing with them. Some dogs ears aren't up reliably until a year old or so.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Those ears look like they just might stand with a little help. I would not wait if she is six months today. The window of getting them to stand won't be open much longer. There is a possibility they might go up on their own but if you appreciate the appearance of erect ears, I would do it now.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Those ears look like they just might stand with a little help. I would not wait if she is six months today. The window of getting them to stand won't be open much longer. There is a possibility they might go up on their own but if you appreciate the appearance of erect ears, I would do it now.
I agree with this.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, all! I was away from my computer for several days. What is your method of choice for helping them stand? I have seen several different ways to do it. Tried and true methods are much appreciated!!

Photos would be super helpful, too.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to post the other night, but apparently it didn't go through...

Her ears are still droopy...I would love to hear some tried and true methods (with pics if possible)!

With the GSD we had when I was in HS, we used pink foam rollers and some form of glue--and they eventually fell out on their own.

I think I could do that....I just don't know how far down to put the roller?

Help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts