German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on the yahoo group k9kitchen that some bags may have been pulled from store shelves b/c dogs are getting sick.
Has anyone heard anything about this?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, wish I had. Ruth, what are you feeding now?

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Chama's on Orijen and doing very well on it (for a 13 yo). Rafi is on Wellness Core reduced fat and I'm going to be mixing in some Orijen to see how he does. He can't tolerate high levels of fat.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have been buying Orijen, as well. Mine had some TWO a little over a month ago, though.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. I remember those threads. I was just wondering if this was yet another incident. Doesn't seem like anyone had heard any more.
I will stop in my pet store tomorrow and see if there is more scoop.
Thanks!

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Yeah, I don't know if there is more since my friends quit carrying the food.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny that this came up, again. A few months ago I found corn kernels in some TWO. I emailed the company. They asked for pictures, so I emailed them pictures of what I found in the bag I had purchased off their website. They said they would look into it. I ended up throwing quite a bit of TWO out that day, went and bought Orijen.

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
I was so glad I had already switched before this came up with the Ocean Blue.

Saddest thing is that Dante has done the best on TWO!

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
I wonder if some of the larger stores are just getting in the same food that my friends had in March/April?
Their store is fairly small compared to many and they carry quite a good selection of types so perhaps they order more often???

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
If anyone doesn't want to click the link, I found this on another board:

News & Events

Dakota Bison/Ocean Blue Reported Issues

Timberwolf Organics Customer,

Due to recent reports from some customers, we have ordered that two formulas from three specific dates be pulled from the shelves. These are:

Dakota Bison with 'best by date' of 12 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with 'best by date' of 20 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with best by date' of 8 March 2009

The reported symptoms include dogs refusing to eat, diarrhea or vomiting. While the problem is inconsistent (not every dog eating food from those dates/bag show the symptoms and not every bag), to err on the side of caution have decided to pull the formulas produced with the above dates. Initial testing has come back negative for problems and further testing is pending results.

As soon as the cause of this reported problem is determined procedures will be put into place to ensure that an event like this cannot happen again. Please be assured that no other formulas and Ocean Blue and Dakota Bison with dates other than ones listed above are not affected.

We apologize for any inconvenience or problems that this may have resulted in. If you do have a bag with those dates please contact the retailer you purchased it from for an exchange or credit. If you purchased it directly from us please give us a call or email us at [email protected].

Thank you for choosing Timberwolf Organics.

Sincerely,

Timberwolf Organics Team

·
Registered
833 Posts
This is what happens when a company has no control of the manufacturing process. Diamond used to manufacture Timberwolf now Chenago Valley Pet foods manufactures it.
If you feed kibble Orijen is the way to go they have complete control of their manufacturing quality control and buying of raw food stuffs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts