German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was torn... not sure if I wanted to post this here, in happy birthday, in the 13 and over club, or, sadly, wait then post it in loving memory.

Today is Tildens 13th birthday, all I asked of him was to make it to this day, and he did! Unfortunately this morning his health has taken a significant turn and I believe his end is near.

Labored breathing, racing heart when he’s standing and unstable on his feet. He’s in bed next to me and I’ve cancelled my holiday plans to allow this sweet boy to go in peace at home. He is sleeping and does not appear to be in distress... I hope things stay this way.

He’s a special one. Not only the most beautiful dog I’m sure I’ll ever share my life with..... but so sweet and gentle and easy going.... not true to the breed standard in the slightest, but a dog that so many desire.... and a pleasure to have these last 12+ yrs.

My sweet boy... photo taken one month ago by a local photographer for a charity project. Location is Tilden Regional Park, naturally~
219F0B2D-8D6B-4B2E-9A72-6C27C96ED060.jpeg

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
So sorry to hear about Tilden. May you find peace and strength to get you both through this. He sounds like is a fine dog that had a great life with you.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm so sorry......he may not be up to the AKC standard but he sure sets a standard for beautiful...very handsome dog....thoughts and prayers for Tilden and you and yours on his birthday...

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
Oh no.... I am so sorry. Grateful you can give him the kindness of your love and time together, in his twilight. He's beautiful.

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Sorry to hear this.Peace for both of you.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
He looks great for his age, obviously you have taken great care of him. I'm in the same boat so I know exactly how you feel. I'm glad you can be with him. Wishing him a peaceful transition.

·
Super Moderator
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. It’s a pretty surreal experience... I’m a little scared, but still fortunate and grateful to be with him.

·
Super Moderator
32,138 Posts
So sad for you. Tilden was ageless for so long it's hard to think of him as being 13. We'll miss that sweet, beautiful boy. Best wishes for a peaceful passing. Hugs. 💔

·
Super Moderator
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Moved to In Loving Memory... without a fuss, the kiddo got his wings this morning.

Sweet Tilden 12/24/2006 - 12/26/2019
91944D1D-466E-4611-92B5-78E6DB9F4B1A.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
I’m so so sorry. I know I keep saying it, but what a beautiful face.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts