German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The orthopedic that we go to has rated the hips as very good and elbows to be normal. Dr Link in Madison Wisconsin is the orthopedic that does most of the OFA x-rays for most of the breeders around and what he has rated a dog is usually what they end up being when OFA rates them also. Tia has just turned 2 yrs old last month

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
the hip sockets seem a little shallow. That left side is kind of worrisome to me. Elbows look good though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the hip sockets seem a little shallow. That left side is kind of worrisome to me. Elbows look good though.
Wow This isn't what i was told when they were taken

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Wow This isn't what i was told when they were taken

i'm just going off various other Xrays i've seen. I've seen a couple where the sockets were very shallow and looked like they were just barely holding the bone in there and i've seen others where the sockets were deeper and everything appeared to fit nicely. Keep in mind i'm new at judging scans of hips so i'm probably really wrong on this but thats my take. That left socket worries me looking at it. Elbows i've only been seeing scans of the last couple of months so i may have missed something there. If i can find the scans my MIL had done of Zena's hips i'll post them. Zena has HD and her hips sockets are similar. Probably why i see more than is probably there if that makes sense.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
I would say fair on the hips and normal on the elbows.

Fair on the hips because the head on the the left seems to be smaller than the head on the right, and not quite as much coverage, but I do not think dysplastic.

That is just a guess though, I am not an expert at reading x-rays, yet.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Trudy, it looks like there is more of the femoral head outside of the socket on the left. But I also think that the leg is not positioned straight. If it was positioned straighter, I think that the head would be better seated with in the socket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts