German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my parents house today and took Thunder along.There's a creek that runs behind their house,I've been waiting for Thunder to complete his puppy vacs before taking him down there.Well today we went to the water and we had a blast.I know he likes water he has a kiddie pool at home,but I wasn't sure how he would be in water over his head.As you can see in the pics he loves it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
He looks like he had fun!! What a good looking boy.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Beautiful pup! Some dogs just naturally take to water, others have to learn to love it, and some never love swimming. Audrey and Micah want nothing to do with it, not even a kiddie pool. Kodi got in the wrong line at birth and was meant to be a fish, and Akira learned at around 3 yrs old that water is fantastic. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Awe I love dogs that love to swim. They are so much fun.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Well done! Keep up the swimming! Add a tennis ball and the chuckit and it's the best exercise for our dogs!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful pup!
What a good looking boy
Thanks

He actually gave me a scare.The first couple feet of water out from land is only a couple inches deep and then just drops off to about 4ft.Well once he got used to the water I through a stick out,when he ran for it and hit the drop off he went totally under GONE:eek:.It was scary seeing my boy disappear under water.I was heading to get him but he surfaced and swam in.Hopefully we can back over before it get's too cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts