German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am actually new to the forum this being my first post. We just bought our first gsd puppy just over a week ago. She turned 9 weeks this past Friday. The breeder already had her introduced to raw food and yesterday was our first full day of raw. Today we had breakfast than lunch, but not long after lunch she threw it all back up. But all at the same time we introduced training treats to help with potty training and she had a rawhide bone for the first time(which she was chewing on when she threw up). We also have an over grown flower bed she likes to run through and chew on things(which I’m hoping nothing is poisonous). So after all that she just kind of laid around and slept for a couple hours. She than threw up again, and really just hasn’t been herself. She ate a little bit of kibble and drank some water. Not sure what the issue is or if I even posted in the right spot. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not know that about rawhide, and we will definitely not give her any more of those. She wasn’t chewing on it for very long and didn’t have anything broken off or swallowed. Could she react that fast? Is there any way to tell if she’s dehydrated? She is still going back once in a while for water.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Throwing up can be a symptom of multiple issues. Your Vet is the best source for a diagnosis. How often is she throwing up? Is she keeping any water down? My fear with a young puppy would be Parvo. Even a vaccinated puppy can get Parvo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She threw up twice, first time 4-5 hours ago and second time about an hour. She has been keeping the water down fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts