German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night at about 2 AM, Lincoln puke in his crate. I hear the sound so I got up and let him out. I saw white stuff on the bed. I took him out while husband cleaning the crate so I didn't get to take a good look at it. Then about 5 AM he made that sounds again and this time there were brownish like poo color but doesn't smell like poo. With two dirt/rock piece in it. Seem like something he dig up from the yard. I would guess that maybe that is the cause of it but whats with the white stuff at 2 AM?

He doesn't seem to have any health problem at all. Still eating and do both number 1 and 2 normally. Is this something I need to be alarmed? He is 13 weeks old

·
Registered
290 Posts
My puppy did the same puking thing when he was younger - mostly white-ish stuff. It seemed to happen when his stomach got empty, like if he passed up his dinner or we had fed him earlier than usual. I started offering him 1/4 c or so of his kibble right before bed so that it was a shorter time between feedings which seemed to stop him from puking during the night. Now that he's a bit older, it's stopped. Maybe try that if he's otherwise acting normally, but make sure his fluids are good as a pup that young can dehydrate fast. And I'd watch him like a hawk in the yard to make sure he's not getting into something out there. If it doesn't stop after trying that though, I'd go to the vet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@jessac: I feed him 3 times a day with dinner being at 6.30 and bed time at 9. He never have problem puking at night until last two nights. After reading your comment yesterday i made sure he drinks more water. But he makes that "cough" sound again this morning. I took him out but he didn't actually puke. I'm starting to concern if he need to be seen by vet.... His third shot appointment is next Monday. Should I bring him in before then?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts