German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello -

Our 7 year old, Razi, started throwing up sometime yesterday afternoon. I fed her a normal breakfast (1c of dry Wellness) around 8am, and she threw up sometime between 2:30 and 6pm that afternoon, what looked to be a full meal. She had been given some veggies in the afternoon and the evening before, which was in her vomit.
She ate dinner last night around 7pm, a little slowly, but still ate. Then she threw up without warning around 9pm - a substantial amount with undigested food. And she threw up around 10pm, what looked like more undigested food. And she threw up sometime in the middle of the night this morning - again, more food.
She's drinking, but lethargic. Mildly shaky when she stands up and walks around. She looks very stiff when she walks. She's urinating, and we haven't seen her have any diarrhea or anything...but I don't think her food is making it that far into her system.
I fed our cats this morning, and she clearly was waiting for breakfast. I gave her a couple tablespoons of rice, which she ate eagerly and wanted more. Last night when we were making our dinner, she very much wanted tomatoes (her favorite).
Also, my husband fed her a hard boiled egg, carrots, and green pepper on Sunday night. He said they seemed fresh with no odor.
So, I'm a little confused! We do suspect she has some kind of rheumatoid arthritis that began last year, but she generally does fine with that. Usually no pain or stiffness unless we walk or run with her for a couple miles.
Any advice would be appreciated! This doesn't sound like torsion or bloat (the first thing that came to mind). The second thing that came to mind is some sort of tumor, but this came on very suddenly.
Thanks much!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I think her tummy needs to settle down. I would try the rice and some boiled chicken or a mashed cooked egg mixed in, or plain yogurt. Small meals - see if she can keep that down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts