German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog looks so much like her 'grandmother' .... what is the likelihood of that with all the other genes in the pool?

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
after 399 posts you should know that you can't make a statement like that and not have pictures to back it up!!! ;0)
I seem unable to post pictures, but the album might count.
The picture of her grandmother looks more like her than the pictures of her.

399? You must have run out of fingers and toes.

Said it before and I'll say it again, you have a great looking dog.
Love it when people have albums.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
According to my SIL whose Phd is in some type of genetics, grandparents genes usually have more of an impact then parents in the more deeply set traits. I had an article on it somewhere but it is on my old computer which is in the intensive care hard drive recovery place. So, very understandable.

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
I look like my grandmom and my sister looks like my other one. Neither of us look like our mom....my daughter is a mini-me. And my son resembles his fathers mother(poor kid!)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I look very much like my maternal grandmother, not so much like my mom. My sheltie is the spitting image of her grandmother, right down to the expression in her eyes.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I look very much like my maternal grandmother, not so much like my mom. My sheltie is the spitting image of her grandmother, right down to the expression in her eyes.
I look like my grandmother's brother, hmmmmmmmm.
Thanks for your responses .... improves the chances that I'm not nuts.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
I seem unable to post pictures, but the album might count.
If the forum is broken so you can't post photos, please notify the admins/Mods with exactly what's happening so we can fix it. This is an issue that won't just affect you but others....

Have you found this helpful? http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/135328-how-post-pictures-site.html

All you have to do is right click on a photo in your album, select 'copy' and then paste in the thread you want. I have no idea which photo you want up but here's one of them...

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the forum is broken so you can't post photos, please notify the admins/Mods with exactly what's happening so we can fix it. This is an issue that won't just affect you but others....

Have you found this helpful?
++++++++++++++++
Thanks for the tutorial.
I am way too lazy for that, I just say: "Look at the album."
:)

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

Have you found this helpful?
++++++++++++++++
Thanks for the tutorial.

I am way too lazy for that, I just say: "Look at the album."
:)
Problem with that is the rest of us are just like you... LAZY!!! :wub: So if you have a question you really want answers to, that a picture will help, you'll get more good responses if you post the picture you want rather than directing us somewhere else.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem with that is the rest of us are just like you... LAZY!!! :wub:

Oh well..........

I always click on people's avatar to see if they have an album.
..... different strokes ..........

·
Registered
396 Posts
Problem with that is the rest of us are just like you... LAZY!!! :wub:

Oh well..........

I always click on people's avatar to see if they have an album.
..... different strokes ..........
Huh ... cool ... I'm going to start doing that! Thanks for pointing out that feature ... that's a new one to me. :)

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Huh ... cool ... I'm going to start doing that! Thanks for pointing out that feature ... that's a new one to me. :)
I find it easier to create an album.

Looking forward to seeing yours. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts