German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smokey has been doing better since we switched his food (some softer #2s here and there but nowhere near the same as before). Yesterday, though, he threw up after lunch. It was literally pieces of unchewed food and liquid. Nothing else.

This worries me because it looks like he didn't chew the food. Last night I fed him dinner and supper slowly (he's 11 weeks on Sunday and we have his daily food divided into 4 meals- breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper). And then had my daughter feed breakfast slowly this morning making sure he chewed.

What can I do to teach him to slow down and chew? while we have time now to feed him slowly we won't always.like

I was planning on decreasing g his meals to 3 times a day but with him scarfing down his food I am not sure that is a good idea until we figure this out.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
They make bowls designed to slow them down or you can use a large coolie sheet and spread it out. I've heard of people using muffin pans putting a small amount in each hole.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They make bowls designed to slow them down or you can use a large coolie sheet and spread it out. I've heard of people using muffin pans putting a small amount in each hole.
kibble

Muffin tin sounds like a great idea. ? I'm planning on buying a special bowl but we don't live near anywhere that sells them. I'll be heading to a city later this month.

Yes, kibble

1 - 5 of 5 Posts