German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 3 year old granddaughter feeding Wolfie his breakfast this morning. She insists that he needs to use a spoon to eat. LOL! He is so good with her.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
soooo cute, one point I think I heard her repeating 'come here boogie boo"LOL

well there's a good boy who doesnt care who messes with his food:)) He's such a sweetie:)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
soooo cute, one point I think I heard her repeating 'come here boogie boo"LOL

well there's a good boy who doesnt care who messes with his food:)) He's such a sweetie:)
LOL! That's what she said. She loves him to pieces.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
it was tooooo CUTE! LOL

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Wow..that just made my heart smile....Beautiful relationship and great socializing..Lovely....

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I believe I see tea parties in the near future:)

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Excellent job Wolfie!! :)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Great job, Wolfie!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Wolfie you are a true gentleman. You deserve lots of hugs and maybe some of your fav treats. Seriously that is fantastic!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
how great is that....loved it..

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
nice video. all of that "don't mess with a dog or their
food when they're eating" is blown out the door.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I get nervous when I see kids that young messing with an adult dogs food.

This is sweet!

How did you train him?

I've heard it's natural. That some dogs are just good with kids and some aren't. Do you think this is true with Wolfie?

·
Registered
424 Posts

This is sweet!

How did you train him?

I've heard it's natural. That some dogs are just good with kids and some aren't. Do you think this is true with Wolfie?
I'd like to know opinions on that, too!
It's a beautiful vid. That will definitely be something your granddaughter will cherish when she is older..hope you keep it!!

One of the first things I taught my 4yo son when Malachi came into our lives is to never,ever mess with his food (even though I'm nearly positive he would love to be spoon fed by my son, too lol) Perhaps it's because we haven't had him for very long..but..I just CAN'T bring myself to let my son be in that position. Maybe that's MY problem..I don't know...
but Kudos to Wolfie--what a patient and well behaved pup! :p

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I think it's just a natural thing with alot of dogs. While I don't mess with their food, all of mine wouldn't have/had a problem with something like this..You can't really "train" a dog to be like this when it comes to food, they either are, or they aren't..

Malachi's Momma, it's not "your" problem, you should be cautious with a rescue that you haven't had for long so your being smart:)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

This is sweet!

How did you train him?

Wolfie has never been possessive of his food. In fact he really doesn't like to eat Katy feeding him with a spoon actually got him to eat all of his food because that was like a game to him. I am always at my wits end trying to get him to eat. If I wasn't totally confident in him , I wouldn't have let her do that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts