German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3.5year old male and 4 year old female- I am seriously considering adding another gsd to the mix- these two are best buddies- I have been told adding a male pup would cause problems down the road between the males- it is just that I prefer the male look.
Any one have experience with this- the 3.5 year old male's breeder advise strongly against it- a female is fine!
Also even though I am retired am I buying into a more work than I can imagine. Does a love of these animals become total labor! My wife feels two were restricting now 3 is being handcuffed.
It will more difficult in the beginning bc the pup will not be into their schedule and walk routine.
Ideas/Issues Please
Thanks

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for the great honest responses. I do 80% of the dog care. The 2 I have are perfect socialized dogs trained to the Sch. BH. They do not even have to be on leash. It is that easy- but... 3 is 3- more dog hair etc
She did not want one and that became two- so I must decide- but no doubt it will steal time away from the two I have alreday at least for about 5 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.