German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very familiar - I own Rico and have met his parents, multiple relatives and have had two litters out of him myself and am currently training his daughter Askew von Tighe Haus IPO 1
What would you like to know?

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I bred to a 3/4 brother (same sire, mother's have the same mother) and was very pleased with how the pups turned out. Excellent temperaments, solid dogs. I got to see a very nice litter by Rico. Tons of drive to work. Some smaller dogs.

You could get some ugly heads with the linebreeding on Sid (I used to train with a Sid daughter and son), but these should be nice pups to work depending on your goals.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very familiar - I own Rico and have met his parents, multiple relatives and have had two litters out of him myself and am currently training his daughter Askew von Tighe Haus IPO 1
What would you like to know?
I was just admiring Askew the other day! She's beautiful. I am mostly familiar with Rico and a few names in his pedigree (Mac and Lord) and just curious on learning what I can about the rest of Bjorns pedigree. I'm fairly new to reading pedigrees and different lines and super excited about Bjorn so I just want to learn what I can about his relatives!

·
Registered
87 Posts
thank you!

I met Mac and he was just such a perfect (to me) GSD 'type' - Rico is very much like him. His only issue is he is too much a mommy's boy. He is very pack oriented and would do anything for me - doesn't sound like a problem until you live with him LOL

I think you will learn a lot about what you've got from watching other dogs out of the parents. I train with someone who has a Clair daughter, I have a Rico daughter (and bred lots more out of him) - Amelie repeated this litter so there is something to look at there too. I don't think there is anything to watch out for (except the ugly head thing LOL) - but look at dogs you see and look at their pedigrees and (to me) that's how you learn.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you!

I met Mac and he was just such a perfect (to me) GSD 'type' - Rico is very much like him. His only issue is he is too much a mommy's boy. He is very pack oriented and would do anything for me - doesn't sound like a problem until you live with him LOL

I think you will learn a lot about what you've got from watching other dogs out of the parents. I train with someone who has a Clair daughter, I have a Rico daughter (and bred lots more out of him) - Amelie repeated this litter so there is something to look at there too. I don't think there is anything to watch out for (except the ugly head thing LOL) - but look at dogs you see and look at their pedigrees and (to me) that's how you learn.
I am noticing that with Bjorn already. He is very much a velcro dog haha. I saw some photos of a couple dogs out of Clair as well (can't recall if it was the previous litter but they were gorgeous). I'm going to do some more digging around (curious on the ugly head thing now lol) I've really loved the looks of all the dogs I've seen out of Clair and Rico. Bjorn is such a handsome little fellow already I can't wait to see how he turns out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts