German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My GSD is 8 months old and seems to always have an issue with loose stools. He's been on antibiotics when they find any bacteria or parasites in his stool, but this last bout his stool was good. I've started to eliminate certain foods from his diet like peanut butter in his kong to see if that was the issue. So far, the stools go from pudding like to semi soft to normal and then back to semi soft. It's puzzling. My vet said it could be that his food is too high in protein therefore, he needs more fiber or it is his pancreas. They put me on this very expensive food W/D and it did start firming up. They said that if that didn't work to have this blood test done that is only done in a lab in Texas for testing his enzymes in his pancreas. Any thoughts? Other than the soft stools he is perfectly WONDERFUL!

I appreciate any feedback! Thanks! Carol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies. I too, have boiled beef, chicken, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, you name it! I will try cutting out the chicken. Can you tell me what brand food you are now feeding your GSD? Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.