German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
It sounds like they are testing for EPI? I know there are many threads related to this and people who have experience with it. I'm sorry I can't provide any insight. Praying and crossing fingers for good news.
Jan

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
My girl is allergic to chicken too. She does well on any of the fish, grain free formulas. The Orijen 6 fish gave her smelly gas. (Didn't feel bad, just smelled bad.) She has been on the Acana Pacifica. She did develop some skin allergies while on the Acana. I think that was a coincidence and was actually caused by environmental allergies. She seems to do best on the Wellness Core Ocean, so we are back on that. She is 12.5. I realize your dog is just a pup, so maybe better if the "puppy" people respond.

There is a formula that my vet gave me. He is a shepherd guy. I don't know why this works, but it works every time - like a charm. Fry up some really lean ground beef. Drain off the grease. Mix in All-Bran cereal. If my dog ever has an intestinal upset, or I am transitioning her to a new food, I give her ground beef and All-Bran cereal. I give her a handful at a time, throughout the day. Next day, I add a little of her dog food. I continue until the ground beef and All-Bran are gone and she is eating only the dog food.
I have been using this formula for the past 10 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts