German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I will be receiving a male pup from Jeff at Schneiden Fels Kennels in 2 weeks. Ive done my own research and I love everything about the sire and dam, as well as Jeff's great reputation, so I'm not looking for other options, I'm just wondering if the more experienced GSD community have any insight on the lineage.

Sire: Karat's Kimbo

Dam: Inga Von Schneiden Fels

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Bump...

I looked up the links, but can't really say much about the pedigree cause it's not my area.... So come on, help this guy or girl out somebody!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
It's a holiday weekend. Responses might be slow.

All I can say is that I know people who have his dogs and LOVE them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot Tim and Steven! Guy here just to clarify that lol.. I know Kimbo just won VA1 in Sweden and have seen his IPO training online, looks like a very solid dog. Couldnt find a ton of info on Inga but Jeff told me she is his top female, so with his stellar reputation im inclined to take his word on that (have seen vids of her IPO work as well at a younger age and looks very good).

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Can't say much about the pedigree as a whole, but I do have a Ballack son who I am super happy with. He does like to talk. a lot. and loudly. a lot. You can always PM me for more information.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
She doesn't have Hips or Elbows listed??? Maybe just not added to PDB??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey MNM, the hips are fast normal and elbows are normal and DM clear, they just arent put up on the website. She is also V rated and IPO2.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I really like the sire's pedigree. Pakros, Ballack and Fulz are all dogs I like to see in bloodlines. They all bring different qualities that I consider beneficial. There are not many VA dogs I would take a pup from in a heartbeat, but all three of them are on the list. Dam's pedigree is a bit less known to me, but looks solid. Structure of several of the dogs look nice. Personal preference, I try to avoid Zamp in pedigrees, but again it's a personal preference based on structure.

What do you want to do with the pup?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the input @kimbale! Just curious as to what in the structure would make you avoid Zamp? I recently joined my local Schutzhund club so I will try to do IPO work, maybe some agility. I really just like being with my dog so whatever he takes to, were going to go at full force.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for the input Kimbale! Just curious as to what in the structure would make you avoid Zamp? I recently joined my local Schutzhund club so I will try to do IPO work, maybe some agility. I really just like being with my dog so whatever he takes to, were going to go at full force.
Awesome! Great attitude to have! Definitely work on tracking from a very young age, the WGSL dogs from good working bloodlines usually have a knack for tracking and scent sports.

Zamp has been known to throw soft hocks and didn't always throw the best hips. I also am just not a fan of his structure, in general. Too over angulated for my taste. Hips and hocks can be strengthened by having other dogs in the pedigree, and like I said, I like the structure of some of the other dogs in there. Plus, Zamp isn't close up so it shouldn't really have any ill effect.

Please please post photos of your pup! WGSL pups are ridiculously adorable!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@kimbale yes Ive been reading Kris Kotsopoulos and plan on starting fun tracking games with him the same week he gets home, basic, short straight lines, anything to help build confidence and trust in the beginning. Obedience will also start the day he gets home, alot of clicks and treats. Hes a little over 6 weeks right now and I should be receiving him (he's being shipped from Kentucky to me in Miami) Friday Sept 14th so ill be posting plenty of pics for everyones enjoyment and annoyance lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts