German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is are few shots of Suesse at 8 1/2 months old.
I can try to get get some better shots, she is not too thrilled about getting her picture taken.

Head Shot her eyes are brown why they come out blue I don't know

2 Bad attempts at a stack.

Sitting

Thanks

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I can't say too much structure-wise, but she looks pretty nervous in all the pics.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
I saw that, too. Poor gal! Is she a liver sable? The black areas just don't look black. I love that blue eye effect, however it happened.

She is down in the pasterns, very long hocks, could use a wee more angulation in the rear, shoulder is straighter than I'd like, she looks to have a very deep chest, rear feet look nice and firm but the front feet do not and they're flat, it's hard to judge her back/rear because she's so tucked under, same with her head. I like how her ears are sized- they aren't huge and are actually a perfect size. She does look a little long in body, I think in the loin. She probably could lose a couple pounds and exchange that for a lot more muscle, then she'd look a lot better. She looks to be more of an American pet line than a working line, but maybe working line is recent in her history.

I hope she's not so nervous all the time! Poor gal. Give her lots of scritches for posing!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No she is not nervous all the time. Figured out she doesn't care for the high pitch noise the camera makes. Ya think a 8 month old puppy needs to lose weight? Guess it must be the angle or the fact that my camera isn't that great cuz she is far from over weight.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Not overweight, more like "trade for muscle." I think she'd look a lot better after some muscle toning. That can dramatically improve appearances in any dog, and of course has a great health benefit. But I do agree with you, she is NOT overweight. I worded my post incorrectly and should have simply said "more muscle."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts