German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
We tried Stella & Chewy's dehydrated beef patties when we traveled last summer, thinking they would be easier to deal with in a hotel. They made the dog puke, and after that he wouldn't even look at them. I think I had to throw them away. The same dog did great on frozen chubs of Primal.

If you want a dehydrated food, I'd look at The Honest Kitchen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I may consider Honest Kitchen. I'm currently feeding Darwin's but their customer service has been horrendous.

They say they're installing a new computer system but in the meantime email and phone calls go unanswered and delivery dates and orders are a mess.

·
4,501 Posts
I've used the Stella and Chewy turkey bites, the pellet shaped ones. They were used like treats, kinda like turkey Cheetos. I didn't re hydrate. They worked well as a snack but I don't think I'd go that route for a regular meal.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I've never used Stella & Chewy, but the last few days Hans has been eating Primal and doing very well on it. He just doesn't seem to do very well on any dry food (loose stool) even the limited ingredient kind and only a little better on the limited ingredient canned food I've tried.
I'd love to try him on a raw diet, but we stay in a camper for work during the week and just do not have adequate freezer space.
We are using the dehydrated bars that you mix with water and he loves it and is doing well.
It is hard to find in my area, so I order from Chewy.com. and have it auto shipped, which makes it a little cheaper.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I got two bags of Stella & Chewy given to me and neither of my dogs liked it, not worth the cost IMO

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
For dehydrated I use Real Meat brand air dried food. I mainly use them for treats but also the occasional meal replacement. They don't crumble as much as the Stella and Chewys.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Considering the Real Meat brand. Do you think it is balanced enough to be a complete diet without having to add things?

The air dried dog food is meant to be a complete food. I just feed raw, so I use them as training treats for certain situations and the occasional meal replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts