German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Well I am not equipped to analyze combinations but I have a Sumo son, very confident and full of himself. Excellent hunt drives. A bit pushy at times. Obviously father is half the pedigree and the dam probably has more influence I would think...

I have met some of this breeder's dogs on a SAR team near us and I would not hesitate. It depends on what you are looking for I would think..

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This breeder is very knowledgable. She does a lot of research and puts a lot of thought into her breedings. What are your plans for the pup?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plans are to try schutzhund for the first time, and explore agility etc. would love more input, thanks guys for the input already given! :wild:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I can't give you any input, as I know nothing about pedigrees and have no firsthand experience with Blackthorn dogs, but I do have this kennel on my short list for a future pup and I'd love to follow your experience if you do go with one of their dogs. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put my deposit down a while back and they were born yesterday!!! So hopefully I will have one in 2 months !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are also hoping to take a bitch pup out of this litter! This will be my first German Shepherd that my Husband and I have owned ourselves, although my family has had them for as long as I have been alive. My parents had a male out of Von Rheinland who passed last year at age 12 and currently own two males, one from Von Ryan Haus Kennels and one from Von Hena C Kennels. Best of luck with your pup! Let me know who you end up with and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I am Sumo's vet, I love love him, he is a fabulous dog. I didn't know your pup was from him Nancy!
One of his pups comes to me too and it's not what I would want but it's only 1 puppy, they cant all be superstars, and from a different dam who I've never met. It would not deter me from getting one of his pups, I just love him. His breeder who still has the mom actually lives 2 minutes down the road from me.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I think sumo is gorgeous. However I strongly dislike his ear set. But that is but one fault. Cant personally speak to his work ethic or ability.

As for xita - breeder knows her stuff and I doubt she would of bred to a sire that wasnt worthy. I would consider a blackthorn pup in the future. ESPECIALLY out of a certain little girl who's breeding I am very fond of to say the least ;)

I am excited to watch this litter grow. Very nice dark pups - its going to be a good looking group for sure.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will keep you all updated, the litter is currently 9 days old! Thanks for all the input, much appreciated and more is always welcomed :wild:!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pick up date is September 8th... I couldnt be more excited, would not mind some more feedback on the thread!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Very nice looking puppy. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts