German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my logo for my newly formed kennel.. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks pretty cool! Did you make it yourself?
What file format is it?

Howdy from Idaho!
Oliver Kahn der Fasan Suchenden
08/03/13
Yes... Any format you want? My family crest, and name in German. House of Allred= Allrothaus

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
sphepherd?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I thought for a moment you were going to start breeding Rots. Just kidding. Its pretty cool Like the dogs on the crest.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks great!
Just needs a 'tweaking'...
Spellcheck didn't catch the spelling , and bottom line might look better centered with rest to balance it out.

Otherwise...very nice! I say, go for it!

JMO.

:) Kat

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I found it hard to read TBH. Had to squint a bit to make out the kennel name. The crest kind if takes the attention away from the name. Should be the other way around. The crest should be in the background.

The kennel name should be easy to read. The font and color and shading were a bit hard on my old eyes.

I DO like the idea though. A lot actually.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes... Any format you want? My family crest, and name in German. House of Allred= Allrothaus
Just from my profesional perspective. (I work in the apparel industry) I would space the crest from the name and then center the subline under the primary line. One thing to keep in mind is if you ever plan to do any signage, shirts, hats or anything you want to put your logo on... You will want a simple version of your logo as well, ie solid colors, preferably two colors at the maximum, no shading, in a vector format, .eps is pretty interchangeable with everything. Will definitely save you time and money in the long run.

Howdy from Idaho!
08/03/13

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
To be honest, I really do not like the font. you have a complex family crest, do not make the font complex. working line looks like working lime.
I think you should incorporate your traditional crest with a modern font of the Bauhaus design which is often the sans-serif font. Something old and something modern.
The colors are good.

·
Registered
327 Posts
So I clicked on it and this is what it did lol, so I'm not sure which way is right case it shows up all white then when I click on it it's all black lol

Howdy from Idaho!
08/03/13

Attachments

·
Banned
363 Posts
I think it's very masculine looking. With some of the adjustments that have already been mentioned, it'll be nice.
The thing about it being your kennel logo is, you can make it whatever you want, to fit your own style and represent you and your dogs. Good job.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I also thought it was hard to read and when I figured it out I thought you were breeding rotts. I know it's a German looking font but maybe something simpler.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
I like the elements but think it would be easier on the eyes and easier to read if they were changed around a bit. Maybe fade out the crest and put it in the background, or put it to the right of the name rather than to the left so it doesn't get in the way of reading the words as it does the way it currently is on the left.

I do think as others have mentioned that the name itself will lend to people thinking Rottweiler since it sort of reads as All Rot Haus... as in all Rottweiler house.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts