German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum People!

I am currently looking for a new dog food for my pups. They have been on NB Sweet Potato and Venison for awhile now. Cody has allergy issues so I feed them all the same food along with fish oil and vitamin E. Cody also gets atarax twice daily. I had him tested for allergies and he is allergic to 22 environmental items and I have not decided to start him on allergy shots at this time. The New Balance limited ingredient has not been doing the job. (I have a gut feeling he is allergic to poultry products so have tried to stay away from any type of poultry ingredient.)

I would like to change his food and have been researching foods for awhile and am trying to find an "affordable" food for my dogs. It doesn't have to be grain free but it would be okay to have "good" grains...so to speak. Merrick seemed to be a decent food at a comparable price to NB and I can get it at my local Petco. I looked at Innova, EVO, Instinct, etc., but I can't convince myself to spend that much money. I can't get it locally but I could order it through Petflow.

What are your thoughts on this food? I also have access to Wellness products at the Petco that is a little bit pricier but would be willing to pay for it. My only problem with Petco is their ability to keep their foods in stock.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.
:eek:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts